The Warriors of Kyoshi - Part 4

Ooooh, this is gonna be good. She's gonna kick his ass into tomorrow, I thought. I should probably stop using such aggressive language...Ehhh, who cares? Teach him a lesson, Suki. Show him that girls can kick ass just as much as guys can. He may be my friend but he needs to stop being such a sexist prick.

Surprised by her request, he stuttered, "Oh ... Well ... I mean ... I ..."

"Come on, girls! Wouldn't you like him to show us some moves?" We smiled, nodded, and giggled in agreement.

"Well, if that's what you want, I'd be happy to," he grabbed Suki's shoulders in order to move her, but she didn't budge. He took a step back instead, "All right, you stand over there. Now, this may be a little tough, but try to block me."

Sokka took on a fighting stance while Suki hadn't moved a muscle from the position Sokka had put her in. He bent his knees and attempted to punch her. Suki did even flinch; instead, she easily defended herself by bringing up her left arm and thrusting her closed fan into Sokka's shoulder. His squealed a bit in pain and staggered back, supporting his now-injured arm.

Impressed, "Aw! Heh heh ... Good," he patronizingly told her, "Of course, I was going easy on you."

She replied to him in the same sarcastic manner as before, "Of course."

"Let's see if you can," he tried to attack Suki with a roundhouse kick, "handle this!"

She quickly dodged under his outstretched leg and pushed him off balance. He landed with a hard thud. Suki opened her fan and began fanning herself, bored, showing disinterest in what Sokka was trying to 'teach' her.

Sokka had lost his temper, "That does it!" He sprinted at her. She stepped out of his way and grabbed his arm. Pushing on his shoulder, she spun him around in a circle. She then loosened his belt and used it to tie his left hand to his right foot behind his back, all in one fluent motion. He hopped on one foot trying to regain balance until he fell flat on his face.

"Anything else you want to teach us?" Suki mocked him.

He was blushing hard, obviously humiliated. The Kyoshi Warriors left for a lunch break. I started following them when I looked back at Sokka. He struggled to untie his hand and foot. Taking pity on him, I approached.

"Ya know, you kind of get yourself into these situations." I quickly released the knot that held him together.

"(y/n)? You saw all that?" He shyly turned away, once again embarrassed.

"Yeah, I did. And I hate to say it, but you totally deserved it." He was quiet so I continued, taking a seat beside him, "You should apologize."

"I know," he mumbled into his arms. He had them crossed hugging his knees. We sat in silence, it wasn't exactly uncomfortable, but the air surrounding us held some sort of tension. I sat contemplating; something was bugging me but I couldn't figure out what. Unable to find the words I wanted to say, I sighed in defeat. Silence draped its blanket over us once more.

I stood up and gave him a comforting pat on the back, "And not just to Suki," I began to walk away, "but Katara, too." I stopped in the doorway, resting my hand on the framework, leaning into it. I turned and looked at him one last time. He didn't move, deep in thought, hopefully thinking about what I had said.