Cheerleader - Pt.9

Roman and Patton were happily walking down the corridor on the way to maths, their hands intertwined. Roman was, of course, casually flirting with the smaller, while the aforementioned smaller squealed and giggled, blushing at Roman's romantic words.

The hallway slowly lost more students as they walked along. They walked to the second floor, nearing their classroom, when a figure stepped out form the shadows. They couldn't see much of his face at first, covered by his hat, but decided to keep walking. Just being in his presence thoroughly creeped them out.

"Hey- uh- hi?" The person squeaked from behind them. Patton immediately turned around in fright, Roman following just a second later. As the person walked closer, Roman took in more and more details. The ripped jeans, patchy coat and skull shirt all reminded him of someone, someone he'd seen a few times. Alarm bells started screaming once Roman saw his face. He had dark brown hair and a brown eye that was near black, the other eye being a shocking yellow colour.

"You," Roman growled. Patton stepped back behind Roman, slightly fearful but not knowing who he was. The boy immediately backed away a small amount.

"I- please don't hurt me!" He cried. The boy looked down, seemingly ashamed. "I- I want to apologise. I didn't mean to-"

"Didn't mean to what? Yell fucking gay slurs at my boyfriend while he was doing something he loves? Why would you ever think it's appropriate to yell at someone while they're cheerleading? You made him cry, you asshole!" Roman yelled. It suddenly clicked in Patton's brain. This kid was the guy from the football, the guy that called them a faggot and a fairy, the on who had hurt him and hit his insecurities. Hard. Patton hid behind Roman even more, the latter grabbing Patton's hand in a comforting gesture.

"Again, I simply want to apologise." This time he was more confident in his voice, and he stood up straighter. He was quite intimidating, being taller than the both of them. Well, it wasn't hard to be taller than Patton, but that's beside the point. "I... my dad was the one who forced me to yell those things, so that he wouldn't get in trouble. I would never think that way, I'm not that kind of person." He put up his hands in a defensive manner, showing black fingerless leather gloves.

"You certainly sounded like you believed it," Roman said back, refusing to believe anything.

"I'm simply a good actor," he stated with a small smile. Patton felt uneasy, although the smile felt genuine. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. "But, I came to give you some bad news." His smiled dropped slightly. "I've been informed by one of my friends that your boyfriend... Logan? I believe? Has told them that he and Virgil no longer want to be boyfriends with you, but those two don't know how to say it. I think he said that it was because you guys are too sensitive, and he doesn't want to deal with your emotional turmoil." Roman's jaw dropped. "His words, not mine. Also, I was told that they both hate your cheerleader, and I believe Logan's splitting up with the three of you to pursue a 'significantly more attractive girl', as he put it. Anyway, I just thought you should know that. I don't want you guys to be too heartbroken when it happens," he informed them with a sympathetic smile. "I'd better run off to class, and I suggest you do the same."

"Why should we believe you?" Patton asked meekly. The boy smiled back, almost menacingly.

"Because I don't care enough about you to lie."

-

Patton and Roman sat in the boys' usual lunchtime spot, quietly trying to figure out what to do. Patton didn't want to believe that Logan or Virgil would hide something as big as that from them... but the mystery guy seemed very genuine, despite the creepy nature. Roman gently held Patton's hand, rubbing circles into the back of it as they talked.