Chapter 11 // I'll Catch You

^ how can someone be so cute smh

A sharp breeze blows around you, causing goosebumps to appear all over your skin. The only things you hear are the sharp scuffing noises that your shoes make on the pavement and the trees rustling. You brush your fingertips lightly along your upper arms in a weak attempt to warm yourself a little bit.

Why did Jimin have to suggest a park? What kind of person wants to meet at night in a park? Where it's cold!! (A/N: lol PARK Jimin... get it? heh nvm) Sure, when Jimin had asked you to meet, your heart raced with excitement, but SERIOUSLY?? A PARK? You curse yourself for wearing a cute skirt and you hadn't even thought about the possibility of bringing a jacket since it had been so warm earlier in the day.

The moon shines brightly onto the path you are walking on, leading you to a little clearing in the sparse trees. You can already see the faint outline of a children's playground in the distance and you start thinking about why Jimin would want to meet you here of all places. The possibilities are endless and you give up on his reasoning. Perhaps you would never know, so why waste time thinking about it now? You would rather think about how COLD you are!!

You shiver and bolts of cold energy go through your body, erupting more goosebumps as you continue to move your feet along the path. Finally, you reach the playground and stop, your arms still clutched around yourself for warmth. Your eyes wander around the area, taking in everything you can. There are slides, monkey bars, and even a little swing set in the corner whose swings are slightly swaying from the breeze.

You smile to yourself and shake your head. When is this boy going to show up? I hate being in the dark all alone. What a stupid idiot I am, honestly, what if he doesn't even show up? Whatever, I might as well entertain myself. You wander over to the swings and sit down in one of the rubber seats, wrapping your fingers tightly around the cold metal chains.

You sit there for a few minutes in silence, resting your face against the chain next to you. You don't even want to think about BTS for a little bit and you make your mind blank, focusing on all the sounds and feelings around you.

You feel the sharp pain of cold on your cheek from the metal; the breeze that is blowing your skirt slightly upwards and causing your swing to move a little; the sounds of the leaves moving against each other while the wind pushes them. All of the forces of nature around you seem to distract you from anything else, and you relish the few moments of peace.

You start to listen to your own breathing and you can hear your heartbeat making loud vibrations against your rib cage. Being able to be so in tune with your body made another round of goosebumps flood your arms and legs, but this time it wasn't because of the cold.

You feel completely at peace and remain silent for a long time. You start to slow your breathing and you look up at the night sky, transfixed by the stars. You close your eyes and a small smile creeps across your face, enjoying the quiet that is all around you.

"Y/n." A voice whispers right next to your ear.

Your eyes snap open and your heart rate increases to well over 200 in a matter of seconds. You quickly whip around, only to lose balance and fall out of the swing. Thankfully, you feel steady hands catch your shoulders and prop you back up before you hit the dirt.

"I can't believe you fell for me that easily," Jimin smiles at you after his little pick-up line, his hands still clutching your shoulders, as if to make sure you weren't going to fall again. "Are you actually that easy, y/n?" His smile falters a little when you two make eye contact and he sees the fright in your eyes. The realization sinks in that he just scared the complete SHIT out of you. "Did I honestly scare you that bad?"

Without thinking, you take his hand off of your shoulder and put it to your bare chest. His eyes widen in surprise, since you are wearing a really low-cut top (courtesy of Hannah's closet) and he stammers, "W-what are you..."

You look him dead in the eyes and reply, "Do you feel how fast my heart is going, you jerk? Did you not think about calling out to me before you were right next to me? How was I supposed to know it was you? For all I knew, you could've been a serial killer."

In order to make light of the situation Jimin smiles weakly. "Who says I'm not?" He shuts up after he notices your eyes still shooting daggers at him. "My bad. I didn't even think about it." He goes silent for a few moments before speaking again. "Do you mind if I join you?" He gestures to the vacant swing next to you and you release his hand from your grip, nodding.

The swing creaks under his weight for a second and then everything is silent once again. You stare straight out into the darkness and rest your face against the chain. You can't help it: the park's comforting presence is so intoxicating, you seem to forget that Jimin is even there with you. You start to be hypnotized by the sounds around you again when you feel something warm touch your cheek.

You turn your head to look at Jimin, whose fingertips are resting on the apple of your cheek. He smiles a little and then puts his hand back in his lap. He looks down at his hands, his smile never leaving his face. After taking a few deep breaths in, he closes his eyes peacefully. Maybe even he enjoys a little quiet once in a while. Is that why he wanted to meet me here?

You smile at him gratefully and you reach out to mirror what he did to you. His eyes meet yours in surprise as you gently trace his cheek and jaw affectionately. He brings his hand up to meet yours and he grasps your fingers, keeping them pressed on his face. You stay in that position for who knows how long, never breaking eye contact. You can feel how warm and smooth his skin is as you explore each others faces with your eyes. It is astounding to you that without communicating, the two of you seem to share so much in such a short amount of time.

Without warning, Jimin suddenly stands up from his swing and walks over to stand in front of you, dropping your hand that was on his face. He extends his own hand to you and grins slightly so that his eyes are almost completely closed. His eyes twinkle playfully, causing you to hesitate a little bit. But the little gesture automatically makes you smile and you carefully put your hand in his.

Much to your surprise (sarcasm), he yanks you from the swing, forcing you off-balance and you start falling towards him once again. This time, he catches you in a swing dance dip with one arm around your back and the around your waist loosely.

You glare up at him defiantly and say, "What the hell, Jimin!! I could've fallen and hurt myself because of you."

In response, he moves the hand that was around your waist up to your face and gently places his pointer finger on your lips, tracing the plump outline of them. He then slides the tips of his fingers down the side of your face, causing bolts of energy to rocket down your spine at his touch. Instantly, your expression softens and you become weak in his arms. You can't help but smile a little, looking into his sweet face. The corners of his mouth move upward slightly and his eyes fill with affectionate longing.

"Don't worry," he whispers and tilts your chin up towards him. "I'll catch you. Always."

And with those words, he closes the distance between you, capturing your lips in a sweet kiss that makes your bones melt.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I'M SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED! ahhhhh my b.

SHUN ME. SHUN ME. I shall accept it since I haven't updated in over a week.

In an attempt to get back into the swing of things I am going to be posting another chapter really soon and it will be a little longer than usual, so be sure to look for that!!!

Other than that, I really hope you enjoyed this one and please stick with the book even if it takes forever for me to complete!

PERHAPS I WILL GIVE Y'ALL SOME SMUT NEXT TIME ;)

Love you,

Ky