Chapter 23 // Just One Text

Taehyung Perspective:

Ever since Jimin ran out on BTS the previous night, Taehyung hasn't thought of anything else. His heart burns with jealousy and desire as he imagines the smitten look on Jimin's face as he walked away with you.

You. Sweet Y/N who made everything worse. But he didn't hate you- he wanted you nearly as bad as Jimin did. Something about you just made his heart get caught in his throat and his hands sweaty. He couldn't describe it. Only his other bandmate had made him feel like that since he had crushes in grade school. So what was it that made you so special?

Taehyung rubbed his eyes, which were dreary and dark from lack of sleep. He couldn't shake the image that had been imprinted in his brain that night on the airfield: you sprinting towards the plane, yelling something- he couldn't tell what. He originally thought it would be for him, but of course, it was for Jimin. Everything was all about Jimin.

And he couldn't fight the feelings he felt for Jimin. He had caved into the innocent crush he had on the younger man a while ago, but he hadn't been able to do anything about it. He couldn't risk that relationship that he had already just to potentially get something more. Jimin meant too much to him for that to happen. So Taehyung had compressed the feelings down deep for a long time.

Taehyung stares blankly into the mirror in front of him, looking at the lifeless figure that was himself. He put his forehead against it and closed his eyes. When he left the bathroom, he would have to talk with all the other members about how they would convince Jimin to leave you again. Taehyung didn't want to have anything to do with that.

He reluctantly left the room and went into the living room of the hotel they had stayed in. It was a last minute thing, but it wasn't too shabby.

The second Taehyung stepped into the chamber, he felt five pairs of eyes snap to him. He knew that they had just been talking about him by the suffocating tension that clouded the members. Namjoon stood up and briskly walks over to Taehyung. He places a supportive hand on his shoulder when he saw how trashed the man looked.

"Tae," he said softly, rubbing Taehyung's shoulder and smiling a little in an attempt to lighten the mood, "We wanted to know if you had any ideas on where Jimin is. You're the closest to him out of all of us." When he saw Taehyung's body get limper, he quickly added, "But if you're not feeling up to it, you don't have to do anything that you don't want to."

Taehyung shakes his head, not showing how emotionally distraught he actually was. He had already prepared for this. "I think I know how we can find him."

[TIME SKIP- 1 HOUR LATER]

"So what do you want," snapped Hannah, acting as if she wasn't pleased to see the handsome man in front of her.

Since Jimin obviously wouldn't answer any of the bandmate's texts, Taehyung's backup plan was the only other connection that he had. Hannah. He reluctantly went to Y/N's old house, where he hoped Hannah still resided. To his relief- and slight disappointment- she was still living there.

Taehyung sighed and placed his face in his hands, massaging his temples. "I need you to lure Jimin out of his hiding place."

Hannah's jaw drops comically. Her lips, heavily coated in obnoxiously red lipstick, seemed to keep spreading forever as her mouth opened. Taehyung's eyes flitted up to hers in annoyance. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." Her lips promptly snapped shut, only to be replaced with a sneer.

"Why are you asking me? Why not the famous, amazing, perfect, gorgeous Y/N?" Hannah spits out each adjective ferociously, licking her lips in rage. She glares up at Taehyung, who just looks at her solemnly. That's when she puts the pieces together. "Oh, I see. She's with him right now, isn't she?"

He nods once and pokes his cheek with his tongue anxiously. What if Hannah didn't want to help because of how she left things with you? They would have no way to get Jimin.

"I know what your problem is.. uh.. Taehyung, right?" Hannah's sneer is replaced with a self-satisfied smirk. Taehyung's small fear is replaced with confusion. "You're in love with her. Just like everyone falls in love with her."

He lets out a small laugh and closes his eyes. "If only it was that easy, Hannah," he chuckled back at her. "So can you just bite the bullet with Jimin if I give you his number again? Come on, it's just one text."

Rolling her eyes, Hannah looks at everything but Taehyung. She exhales sharply and checks her nails thoroughly before breaking the silence. "What do I get out of this little problem of yours? What's in it for me?"

Taehyung knew that she would ask this so he smiled a little. He had already prepared an entire plan. "You get some more revenge on Y/N for stealing Jimin."

When he finishes announcing her prize, Hannah nostrils flare and she grins. Her eyes fill with the bitter parting of you and herself as she hypes herself up to the challenge. She reaches her hand to shake Taehyung's.

"Deal."

Whoop whoop! Double update because I'm COOL like that.

This one's a pretty short chapter but it's important!!!! The story is about to get a little more interesting, trust me ;)

I can't wait to keep writing and I hope y'all can't wait to keep reading!

Anywayssssss,

LOVE YOU,
-Ky <3