Chapter 14 // Just One Drink

"Jimin, please," Hannah said, not-so-subtly dragging her fingertips down his arm. "You don't have to go just because she isn't here." 

Jimin shifts uncomfortably on the couch and attempted to inch away from her. 

"Hannah, I insist, I was just here to talk to Y/N." He looks up at her guiltily, thinking twice about what he just said. "No offense to you, of course." 

Hannah rolled her eyes and scoffed. "None taken. It's just that every single one of you seems to like hanging with Y/N, talking with Y/N, and doing every single thing with Y/N and not me." 

She feigns a disheartened look in order to gain his sympathy. Looking at the ground, she sniffles. 

"I mean," she chokes out through a fake sob, "Am I really that bad?" 

Yes, Jimin thinks, but he quickly moves to reassure her that she is a wonderful person. 

"No, it's just that this one time I wanted to specifically talk to her, Hannah, that's all." He moves a little tiny bit closer to where she is sitting  on the couch and puts his arm around her. "Nothing is wrong with you!" 

Hannah, with her plan still fresh in her mind, decides to continue her facade. 

"But all of you don't want to do anything with me! If there was nothing wrong, that wouldn't be the case!" She looks at Jimin, her eyes wide and filled with crocodile tears before looking away quickly, smirking a little as she did so. 

Jimin grimaces a bit and gently shakes her. "Hey," he says softly, "I'm here for you right now. What can I do for you to make you feel better?" 

Hannah immediately stands up from her position on the couch and looks down at Jimin. She walks over to where she placed the bottle of alcohol and gently picks it up, pouring it into two glasses. 

"Just..." she shakes one of the glasses lightly, "one drink?" 

  ~~<><><><>~~ 

Y/N's POV: 

You have been enjoying yourself with Namjoon all day, as after brunch he took you shopping and out to a cafe. You have no idea why he is being so nice to you. 

Maybe it's because he knows that you are friends with some of the other members of the group and just didn't want to be excluded. Maybe it's because he wants to hook up with you. Nah, that last one doesn't make sense: it's Namjoon- the sweet one! 

Nevertheless, the two of you have had fun, talking and laughing together, making inside jokes and casually flirting. But you didn't really feel the same with him; not like you felt with Jimin and Taehyung. 

Whatever. You need some hot friends, too. 

As the sun started to set, you finally realized how late it was getting. 

"Wow," you said, as you two strolled back to the limo parked outside the cafe. "Today went by really fast! Thanks for taking me out, Namjoon!" 

He laughed and flashed you a kind smile. "Thanks for coming with me, I really needed a friend today. And please, just call me Joonie." 

You quietly repeated the nickname to yourself and grinned. "I like that! It's more... personal." 

You both locked eyes and looked away, embarrassed over nothing. 

When you reached the car, he opened the door to let you in, bowing as he did so. 

"After you, m'lady," he said with an air of indifference.