First Blood

It was a really beautiful field, the windy plains, not far off from the city, but still whispered of seclusion.

Midoriya glanced up at the night sky, dotted with countless stars, shimmering down on him. He inhaled the grassy scents, the soft murmuring of the winds grazing his ears.

He wished that time could just freeze right there and then.

Then maybe he could have truly been happy.

He hated the world, it was unjust and corrupted, society itself was a living nightmare.

Everyone was not born equal. After all.

"Midoriya?" Dabi's voice sounded, interrupting Midoriya's thoughts. He turned to see the villain staring at him curiously.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm enjoying the view, Dabi."

"What's so good about the view?"

Midoriya laughed.

"Everyone always forgets to enjoy the simplest of things in life. Dabi. Maybe we could all be happier if we just stopped to enjoy what we have."

"...Maybe." Dabi frowned. "But you're not the one to talk right?"

Midoriya hummed, it was true, he forgot to appreciate what he had, and lost everything.

"Well... that's why I'm here. I'm ready to take back a fraction of what I had." Midoriya smiled, taking out his knives.

"You lousy forest man!!" Toga's laugh echoed in the distance, followed by the sound of destruction. It was too bad they were destroying such a pretty field, he would have loved to come back here again, maybe even with the person he cared most about.

"Let's go." He beckoned Dabi, who nodded.

Running towards the noise, they stopped to find Toga jumping nimbly away from the spikes of wood protruding from Kamui's body.

Without further ado, Dabi unleashed flames, purple flames, Midoriya watched them flicker, entranced by it, as they flew towards Kamui.

"..What the..?" Kamui jumped back. Only to find himself scorched, purple flames running down his back. He shouted in pain.

"Not another step."

Kamui's eyes flickered to where Midoriya stood, as he approached the hero.

"It's not safe here, get out of this place and call for help!"

"Oh... but who said I needed help?"

Kamui froze. Whilst being trapped by the flames.

"Remember the lady that died a week ago?"

"...that lady?" Kamui whispered.

Midoriya smiled,

"She was my mother."

"So tell me..." Midoriya plunged a knife into Kamui's arm, watching blood trickle down his hand. "...why didn't you save her?"

"I tried to, but the villain's quirk was effective against mine." Kamui reasoned, making Midoriya angrier.

"Regardless you should have at least GOTTEN HER TO SAFETY."

"WHAT ARE YOU? A HERO?" Midoriya screamed, anger filling his eyes, turning them bloodshot.

He withdrew another knife, sinking it in his legs, slashing his stomach, blood was pouring out slowly.

"It's not enough to let you die yet. After all, I want you to experience the slowest death ever."

"Forgive me..." kamui whispered, "For I have failed you... my child. It's true I failed to rescue your mother..."

"But..."

Midoriya's eyes widened as Kamui smiled.

"Don't lose sight of yourself."

Midoriya lurched forward, drawing another blade.

"What do you know?" He shouted, tears running down, slashing his chest.

"You know nothing." Midoriya growled,

"Now, die."

Kamui looked up, fear flashing in his eyes.

Head turning to the oncoming Dabi. Kamui's eyes widened slightly, and Midoriya could have sworn his eyes flashed with recognition. Dabi halted, sneering at the dying Kamui.

"...you.." Kamui's eyes narrowed.

Midoriya plunged the knife in his neck.

Kamui's screech was garbled, messed up, like a dying beast. Body spasming before slowly stilling, he was gone. Forever.

Midoriya knelt on the ground, trying to calm the rush of adrenaline coursing through his body, as he laughed.

The grass, once green and peaceful, now soaked with blood, shivered in the wind. As Midoriya continued laughing, he didn't know why, though,

he didn't feel happy at all.

Okaasan, are you happy?
Your'e finally free.

A/N: whispers, I'm back. I think.
Also... 4K reads? Thank you so much \(//∇//)\
Love you all❣️❣️

Thank you for following up with Fractured!!