Rescue

The gun was gone as fast as those words left his mouth, as Toga lunged forward, slashing his chest, her knife gleaming in the pale light. Midoriya lunged back, one hand on the gun, the other one grabbing his chest, gasping for air as blood oozed out of those marks. Pain shot though his veins, thankfully it was superficial, he'd seen worse. Meanwhile Todoroki stood in between him and the now enraged League of Villains, approaching them with hostility and menace. Eyes filled with unfiltered bloodlust.

"Did you really think we're just going to let you kill yourself all happy?" Toga sneered, angling her knife towards Midoriya. As he crouched by the wall, glaring at her with caution. Her yellow cat eyes glowed, as she licked her lips, showing her fangs.

"And to really think I'd trusted you, you're an all time low Izu. So do me a favor and just let me kill you off instead, I'm sure I'll cut up your body real good." She laughed, waving her knife as if she was slicing his body, eyes filled with glee.

"Stupid brat. You were never one of us." Tomura snarled as he jumped forward.
"Now die."

He stopped as a wall of ice protruded out from the cold hard floor. Stopping him in his tracks.

Tomura's ice blue hair swayed, exposing his bloodshot eyes, as they glared at the ice and fire user.

"Go away, we won't bother you for today."

"He's mine, take one more step further and I'll crush you to bits." Todoroki growled. His face full of unreadable emotion. Midoriya sighed, he didn't plan for this, and was now stuck in a predicament.

Tomura laughed,
"He was betraying you all this time, and you're still protecting him?"

Pointing to Midoriya, he continued.
"People like you shouldn't even be alive, you don't keep the promises you made, you don't have the courage to do anything. All you do is sit there and work your mouth. You're below despicable."

Dabi stepped forward, grinning,
"So it just means we have to kill you first in order to get to Midoriya."

Blue flames swirled around his hand as Dabi shot blue flames towards Todoroki. Whom nimbly darted away.

"Killing me won't be that easy, Dabi." He spat with contempt. Aiming his crimson flames, he fired them at Dabi, meanwhile Toga ran up to him, and was about to bury her blade into his stomach when he shoved her away, freezing her arms.

Toga hissed as ice began to form around her hands, making her attacks slower. Nevertheless she continued, slashing away at the ice and at Todoroki.

Midoriya looked at the scene with worry. Todoroki's wasn't going to hold up against them. One was okay, but against three villains, with no backup he'll most likely lose. His fingers trembled around the gun. And here he was thinking about killing himself. What was he thinking? Thinking...

Think.

What can you do right now?

He looked upon the fighting, everyone was busy fighting, even Tomura was engaged, trying to grab hold of Todoroki, who's mouth was slightly parted, a sign of exhaustion.

He looked at the gun. And lifted it.

He wasn't sure if he could do it. But now wasn't the time. It was go big or go home. Those few bullets were his best bet.

Smoke was rising around them, enveloping them in ashy darkness. He strained his eyes, finally locating the two fire users grappling with each other. Lifting his gun, he tried calming himself down, hitting the other target would result in his death. If he wanted to help, he must now screw up now.

What do you want?

Midoriya inhaled as his fingers enclosed around the trigger, he had been pondering that for a long time, he couldn't see what was in front of him, until just now.

It was plain as day.

Pulling the trigger, he fired the temperature resistant bullet, no amount of burning would stop it from reaching its target.

I want you. Todoroki.

------------------

He watched as the bullet cut through the smoke. The figure turned, and blue flames erupted. But that didn't stop the sound of blood bursting out.
He exhaled in relief upon seeing the black haired male down on the floor. Blood pooling around him.

Even though they have quirks, they're still human.

"Dabi!" Toga immediately stopped and turned, running towards him with genuine concern.

"You fucking... kid." He coughed out, before more blood burst out, as Todoroki pierced his arms with ice, rendering his fire quirk useless.

Eyes full of pure hatred, Toga turned towards Midoriya.

"I'm not letting you take Dabi away." She hissed, eyes narrowing into small slits.

"We are. This battle is over. Surrender or we will take you all away." Todoroki shouted, eyes fixated on Tomura and Toga. Standing over Dabi's restrained body.

A twitch at the bottom of Midoriya's eyes caused him to shift his glance from Tomura to Dabi, who was slowly angling his hand towards Todoroki in a last effort to incinerate him. His eyes widened as he realized Todoroki was too fixated on the two to notice Dabi's movement.

"Todoroki-kun!" He yelled, eyes wide with desperation as he saw flames flicker in his palm. Todoroki's wasn't going to make it.

I need to save him.

His arm moved, lifting the gun, without hesitation, Midoriya pulled the trigger again.

Dabi's arm went limp, along with his body.

Todoroki looked at him with a slightly confused expression, before he realized what was going on. His mouth tilted to a small lopsided smile, no words were spoken, but he knew what he said.

Thank you, Midoriya.

"You killed Dabi!" Toga's screech was piercing as she threw her knife on the floor, anger laced her voice as she crouched on the floor.

"This isn't over," Tomura snarled, shooting daggers at Midoriya. "Traitor."

"Or is it?" A familiar voice resonated behind both Midoriya and Todoroki.
A voice he knew all too well, a voice of a true hero.

"All Might?"

A/N: These few weeks have been rough.
Thank you for your patience! This book would undergo editing once it is finished. It's really not up to my expectations.
On a side note, I wanted to kill off Midoriya, but my friend was begging me not to. So I guess he lives.

Thank you for reading Fractured! ❤️