20 Day Escape (Len Kagamine)

Day 1:

He was looking at me. He was looking RIGHT at me. He knew.. He knew what I really was. How did he know? He could tell I wasn't PROGRAMMED to this dance. He could tell the right times to breathe weren't specifically installed in my hardware. Why? Because I wasn't like him. 

The only reason I ever chose to be like this was for him to notice me. As much as I hated to admit it-- I had quite the crush on the Vocaloid. He shouldn't even be called a robot, he had feelings, he had a heart that beat the same as mine, and regardless of them being artificial, he was a person too. 

Unfortunately for me, as assistant to the manager for the tour of the Vocaloid all stars, he would never notice me. So what did I do? I made myself look exactly like one. I grew out my orange hair, threw on a matching outfit, stuck headphones over my ears, and found the perfect opportunity to perform with him. Of course, no one in the All-star group was expecting a guest star, but most seemed to just adapt to my presence on the stage tonight. Except him. My eyes stayed on him as well. For the night-- I was to take Sakine Meiko's place while she had her software updated due to a last minute system crash. For this one night only-- I had Len's attention.

"Hoshiete!~" I finish the final dance steps "Honey honey!~" and with one final pose we complete the song. I hustle back stage and am stopped in the hall way abruptly. I step back from the hand that halted me.

"Who are you?" He had the voice of an angel, and the face that just screamed that he had to be a god of some sort. Len Kagamine was undoubtedly beautiful.

"M-My name is Nami." I stutter, feeling a small blush rise to my face. I needed to get back to check on Meiko and pray that her systems were rebooting.

"Nami?..I've heard that name before" He glances to the side. I clear my throat.

"I'm your concert manager's assistant." His eyes widen, but then is quickly replaced with a look of confusion. "Meiko is getting upgraded, and Ruko and Saiya weren't reachable, so I filled in." I shrug "Seems like you were the only one to notice," I pull my headphones off "So its not a problem". I open the VIP door and slip in, taking off my sleeves.

"Oh.." He follows after me. "U-uh. So..How come I've never SEEN you before?" I scoff, taking out my orange contacts. I could see his reflection in my mirror.

"You've seen me millions of times, you just haven't acknowledged me til now, Len." I say, almost a bit pitifully. Len gets a sad look on his face.

"I'm so sorry.. I just.. thought I'd remember someone so.." I stare at him expectantly. "Mesmerizing". I pull my black tank top off and throw on a blue shoulder-less sweater.

"Guess I'm not so mesmerizing when I'm just me then, huh?" I give a quick glance to his blushing face before stripping from my skirt and thigh highs, pulling on a white skirt and slipping my glasses on. "I'm just some girl." A very immodest, impatient, and ready-for-dinner-- plain girl.

"You sound a bit bitter" Len says, glancing to the side and sticking his hand in his pocket. I shrug and slide my flip flops on.

"I'm not trying to be, just sleep, sex, and food deprived. It tends to make a person a little grumpy." He clears his throat.

"I could help with that." A blush rises to his face, correcting his previous statement. "--I mean the food part..Uh..Would you like to go out for dinner?" A smile rises to my face for the first time in the conversation.

"I thought you'd never ask."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"So what did you say happened with Meiko?" I look up from my strawberry chicken salad and try my best to chew quickly. I take a deep breath.