1.

You met him in high school, sophomore year. You had just transferred to his school and you had no clue what you were doing. You had been plucked out of your home that you had lived in for all your sixteen years of life and placed into a new one with new adventures. Only you didn't see it that way. Not until he came around and asked you why you were crying in the school's kitchen during fourth period. You two instantly became friends after that meeting.

He had light brown hair at the time that covered his forehead and every time he swept it back, you would see his full face and sigh. You wondered why he didn't wear his hair back. His eyes were a chocolaty brown. They were round and contained a light of joy behind them. His skin was sun-kissed and it glowed. You found it cute how his top lip was smaller than his bottom one and you teased him about it every chance you could. He was taller than you by several inches and that's what he teased you about. He had piercings, from which he always wore different types of studs. He never wore the same ones two times in a row.

Being such a playboy in your mind, you expected him to be uptight and popular. But he was quite the opposite. When he met you, he grinned and told you that you were in his crying spot. He was quiet and preferred to sit in the back of the class. He told you that he was a gamer, and that he planned on making videos and submitting them to YouTube in the future as a career. He explained that he was already practicing editing and buying equipment. You thought he was silly. He thought he was smart, already planning his future and whatnot.

You started dating that year. It was more of a kindergarten-recess-time-boyfriend type deal. You two would giggle and pass notes to each other during class, go on cliché dates, and hold hands every moment. You loved it. He did, too. And he kissed you on the cheek every day when the two of you departed. Mouth-to-mouth kisses were rare. But you were okay with that. And he was, too.

Junior year things got tough. You worried more about grades and your college applications began rolling in. One by one, you sent them. And you couldn't help but look over at his desk at home, empty of college application forms. You had a secret fear in you that your first friend in your new world would abandon you. You didn't want him gone. You wanted him to endure the struggles with you. But he assured that he was getting around to sending them, that you just didn't see them, that he was busy keeping his one hundred subscribers happy. He never sent a single one.

Senior year was new. It was like a breath of fresh air. You had been accepted already for the college of your dreams and with perfect grades, you got a full ride. You didn't have to pay a single dime. He didn't worry at all and instead cheered you on while he made sure his cameras were working and that his videos were edited properly. He didn't bother with school work. You had an inkling of hope inside you, though, as you watched his subscriber count rise almost every day. He was getting popular and you smiled even though you knew that by the next year you wouldn't see him anymore. You would have to start a long distance relationship which wouldn't last long, you knew it. An hour before you both were gifted with a diploma, he asked you to marry him.

You didn't answer.

Freshman year in college was lonely. Your partner in crime was no longer there. He wasn't there to cradle you in his arms when you didn't believe in yourself. You tried to text, but he never responded. You didn't know why. You missed him too much. You wanted to hear his voice just one more time. So you found his YouTube channel that had several hundred thousand subscribers. You watched him every day. And the things he mentioned every now and then seemed to be a reoccurring theme.

"There's this girl, you know?" he would chuckle as he messed with the buttons on his controller. "I uh, love her a lot. I don't think she likes me back, though." He would sigh and then laugh at himself before returning to his play through.