27.

it's jungkookie's bday so i thought i should i post this hehe. 

this is the closest i'll get to smut

---

Meetings with the in-laws were always... special. Your in-laws (Jungkook's parents) weren't the problem. His mom and dad loved you to pieces and sometimes you thought that they could possibly love you more than their own son.

"I mean, you are pretty fantastic," Jungkook had snickered.

You were always welcome in their house, they always texted or called on you to make sure you were doing alright, and they always made sure your seat was saved at their house when holidays came around. However, this wasn't the case for Jungkook's in-laws – your parents.

Your dad was pretty good when it came to your husband. Of course, he was salty that someone had taken his daughter away from him, but that was expected. The first time Jungkook had proposed to you, though, your dad was livid. He thought it was dumb and inconsiderate of him to ask you for your hand in marriage when you obviously weren't ready. But he was really angry over the fact that Jungkook never asked for his blessing. You had explained all this to Jungkook when you two reunited after high school, thinking it wouldn't be the best idea to just show up with him one day when you went back home.

However, Jungkook redeemed himself. One day, your dad heard a knock at the door and when he answered it, he found his daughter's boyfriend standing before him. Jungkook had asked him if he was busy because he'd like to treat him to some lunch. Your lover paid for your dad's meal and then the two went elsewhere before Jungkook somehow got your dad on the topic of marriage. The two discussed the matter, bringing up Jungkook's first attempt at proposing, and he apologized for not asking for a blessing and for popping the question when you nor he were ready for such a life-changing decision. The two spent the whole day together and when they finally departed, your dad told him that he had listened carefully to what Jungkook had to say and that he thought he had shown him that he'd matured since high school.

"I figured you came to butter me up before asking me for the blessing, right?" your dad asked, seeing right through his soon-to-be son-in-law.

Jungkook froze, blinking. "Um, well-"

Your dad chuckled. "I expect you to treat her right. If I hear any complaints, I don't know if you'll ever get to see her again. I'm normally not one to offer second-chances, anyway."

You were glad the two had mended their relationship. But if only you could get your mom to be the same way.

You didn't understand why she acted the way she did to Jungkook. You had asked her on multiple occasions why, but each time she'd shrug it off and pretend like she didn't hear you. You'd feel bad when you'd go visit them, just seeing the awkward tension between your husband and his mother-in-law. You were just glad that all she did was give him the cold shoulder most of the time.

One day, though, a distant relative planned a small get together. You and your husband planned to go, and when your parents called you saying they were, too, you decided to help book their room. But your mom was quick to put a stop to your fun.

"Actually, why don't we just get a room together?" she asked over the phone.

You blinked. "Like, you and dad share a bed while Jungkook and I share the other?"

"Yeah," your mom replied. "I like that idea."

You internally groaned, but you were always one to backtalk internally, never out loud. So you told her that you would try to satisfy her demands. And, reluctantly, you got a room for the four of you.