23.

It happened to every YouTuber eventually. One morning, you went to greet your husband, but the only thing that came out was a squeak. After you bit your lip in embarrassment and Jungkook had finished giggling at you, you tried again, only to have a very hoarse "hi" escape your lips. "Lost your voice, huh?" he asked. You had sighed and placed a pillow over your head, not wanting to be under the weather for a week or more.

During breakfast, you looked up home remedies for a sore throat since you didn't take to medicine well. You found different teas that were said to help soothe a sore throat and you went to tell Jungkook if he could run to the store and get you some, but he got onto you for talking. "You need to rest your voice, honey. Just show me what you need." With that, you pushed your phone over to him and pointed to the teas you thought would help (and taste) the best. Jungkook quickly scarfed down the rest of the food and kissed you good-bye, wanting to get you better as soon as possible.

After you had been given your tea (along with a few other get-well items Jungkook thought you might like), you quickly started a pot of boiling water for it. Jungkook would ask if you needed anything else before he kicked off his shoes. And then your husband retired from being JJK97 and became Doctor Jeon, your personal medic. Jungkook went upstairs while you fixed your tea and got the room ready for you. He made the bed, placing a few extra blankets on top, as well as turning on a movie you liked. When he came back, you were taking out the tea bag from your drink, finishing up.

"I got a movie set up for you upstairs. You want me to fix some snacks or anything?" He knew you had just eaten breakfast, but Jungkook just didn't know when to stop caring for you. Sometimes, he didn't know how to, either, so he would end up asking you the same thing twice and you'd just giggle and ignore his mistake.

Once you were in bed, Jungkook made sure you had cough drops at your side. The movie started playing and you sipped on your tea slowly, making sure you wouldn't burn your tongue. Jungkook would lay beside you, ready to be given another task to help you. "You know," he started, looking at you, "when I realized your throat was hurting, I almost apologized."

You looked at him out of the corner of your eye and realized what he meant when you noticed his smirk. "Disgusting," you murmured into your mug. "Besides, you know I don't do that."

"It was just a joke, baby," he chuckled, laying his head on your shoulder. "The tea smells good."

You nodded. "Taste's good, too."

"Like me?" he giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

This time, you grinned, but Jungkook felt your fingers pinch his skin under the covers. "Okay, okay. I'll stop."

When you finished your tea, your throat feeling a little better, you snuggled up close to your husband, feeling his warmth radiating off of him. He made sure to hold you close, and watched the movie until it ended. He went to ask you if you wanted anything or if you wanted to watch something else when he realized you had nodded off. He quickly felt your forehead and when he came to the conclusion that you had a fever, Jungkook decided to stay with you and not wander too far off. He slipped out from under the covers and turned the lights off before returning.

Later when you woke up, you felt worse. You furrowed your eyebrows and when Jungkook asked you how you were doing, you just rolled over and burrowed in the covers. Jungkook took that as a "not too hot" and decided to get some medicine. He grabbed anything that said it would fix any of your symptoms and he returned, holding them in front of you and presenting them since he didn't know which one you needed.

"See, this one says it'll fix sore throats, but this one says it'll fix sore throats and runny noses," he said comparing each one to another. After a while, you lost track of which one seemed like it'd help you the most and Jungkook sighed before beginning to recite everything once again. You two finally decided on a bottle and just when you went to take it, he told you to stop. You watched him scurry off and when he came back, he had a water bottle that had been flavored, coloring the water to match your favorite flavor. "Medicine doesn't taste good so I thought you could take a drink of this before and after to help it."

You grinned and did as instructed, and you couldn't help but grin at Jungkook's bright gaze at you, happy to be of help. He looked like a little kid, excited and pleased that he got to be a part of something. After you downed your medicine and taken a few big gulps of your flavored water to wash away the bitter cure, your stomach rumbled. "Oh, you haven't had anything to eat since this morning," your husband said, realizing it was late and you had been sleeping all day. "What do you want for supper? I can call and pick up something or if you want me to make you something, I can do that."

"What do we have that you can make without causing anything to catch on fire?" you giggled, making him pout.

You grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around yourself before wandering to the kitchen behind your lover. You both rummaged around the cabinets, looking at the arrays of soups and softer foods that wouldn't be hard for you to swallow with your sore throat.

Jungkook picked up a can and beamed at you. "Hey, my mom always made this when I was sick. She would put more stuff in it and make it super yummy. I can do that for you."

You gave him an incredulous look. "You're not your mom, though."

"I'm sure I can make it," he defended. "Please? Pretty please? PLEASE?"

Your husband started bouncing around, again acting like a little child. You finally sighed and gave him the okay, to which he grinned and kissed your cheek before shooing you off to the bedroom. "I'll surprise you," he grinned and you just rolled your eyes, suspicious.

Jungkook poured the soup in a pot and started cooking it, but called his mom as he stirred it. "Eomma, (Y/N)'s sick, and I'm – yes, she's fine – I want to make some soup – no, she's not working herself, she's slept all day – anyway, I'm trying to – yes, I'm taking care of her. I'm trying to make soup for her, but you keep interrupting me!" He and his mom laughed for a bit until he got his point through. "I don't remember what you put in it, but it was always so good and I told her I'd make the same thing for her. So what did you put in it?"

"I can't give away my secret recipe," his mom purred.

Jungkook groaned. "But eomma! She needs it."

Mrs. Jeon giggled. "You're such a sweet husband." She then started to list off different amounts of vegetables and other things, her son following her instructions as accurately as he could. When the last bit was plopped into the pot, he stirred it about before pouring it into a bowl. Jungkook quickly told his mom thank you before placing the bowl on a towel so it wouldn't burn your fingers.

You were watching a new TV show when Jungkook knocked and came in with the steaming bowl. "Oh, so you did make it," you chuckled. "I figured you would have given up."

Jungkook looked shocked at your accusation. "I would never! Careful, honey, it's hot." He put it in your covered lap, making sure it was secure before he kissed your temple. "Like you."

You rolled your eyes and began eating. The next few days were filled with intense care from your husband, He didn't update until your fever and hoarse voice disappeared, worrying yours and his fans both. You both assured them that you had just caught a cold, though, and it was nothing serious.

After you had gotten better, you enjoyed waking up without a runny nose. However, one morning you woke up with Jungkook's burning forehead under your chin. "Awe, baby," you cooed, seeing his pitiful state. His eyes were squinty and he kept sniffling to keep his runny nose in check. You knew it was from his constant kisses, even though you had warned him that he would get sick if he kept on. "I'll get sick for you any day," he had reassured. You ran your hands through his messy hair before he asked for some medicine. You just giggled. "I told you," you said, going into the bathroom to fetch the medicine you had used. When you came back, Jungkook had shifted himself over to your spot in the bed. You figured it was because it was warmer there. "You didn't listen to me, though."

Jungkook reluctantly took his medicine, scowling at you. "I wanted to take care of you," he murmured. You just smiled and covered him up before going to fix him a good breakfast.

And I promise you that I always will.

---

happy birthday, minbunnies! i know this probably isn't being published on your birthday in your timezone, but i still just wanted to gift you. you need all the soft moments you can get, so this is for you :)) i hope you enjoyed it and had the best birthday ever. i can't wait to share another year of friendship with you <33 happy birthday!!

(there'll hopefully be a twitter moment updated sometime soon, so that'll be part two of your gift :3) love you!!