4

"Ronnie"
Weeks went by and I avoided Archie as much as possible. We didn't talk but sometimes he waved at me or smiled at me but I wanted him to stop doing it. It all reminded me of when we were kids smiling to each other everytime we saw each other. Memories sucks sometimes.
I was, as usual, sitting in my bed reading when I got a text.
"I know that you don't want to talk to me since the kiss but can you please pick me up at Cheryl's?-Archie"
I did as I was told so I put on a jacket and snuck out of my house since the clock was ‪2am‬. I hopped in my car and drove to get Archie. I found him sitting outside Cheryl's house drunk of his ass.
"Come on, hop in"
"Coming"
He almost fell making his way over to the car but he got in and I drove away from Cheryl's.
"So what were you doing at Cheryl's, partying?"
"What else"
"Why did you ask me to pick you up?"
"Because I needed someone to pick me up and you were the first person I could think about"
"Ohh, well here's your stop I guess"
"Yeah, thank you for this"
"Any time"
He stepped out of the car but before he closed his door he turned to me.
"You want to come inside? My dad won't be home in a few days and I don't want to be alone"
"I am not sure that that is a good idea"
"You don't have to sleep over or you can take the bed and I will just sleep on the couch"
"It's fine, seriously"
"Maybe for you but I don't want to be alone one more night. Please, for me just this one time!"
"Fine, but you have to sleep on the couch"
I turned the engine off and followed him inside. It all looked the exact same like it had 3 years ago. Archie crashed on the couch and I took his shoes of and put a blanket on him.
"Well goodnight Archie"
I stood up on my way to walk upstairs when he grabbed my arm and pulled me down sitting next to him on the couch again.
"I am sorry for hurting you like a million times"
"It's fine Arch, no need to be sorry"
"I hurt you so much didn't I? With the kiss at Cheryl's, right"
"It just reminded me of before everything happened"
"Yeah I am sorry about that kiss too"
"I told you it's fine"
I got tears in my eyes saying that which I think Archie saw because he pulled me into a hug.
"Please don't cry, I didn't mean to upset you"
"You didn't it's just that..."
"That what?"
"It's nothing, I should go to bed"
"Ronnie?"
Ronnie, he hadn't called me that in years but nothing had ever felt more right.
"What?"
"Sleep well"
"You too, Archiekins"
I walked up the stairs in to Archie's bedroom and took off my clothes. I walked over to Archie's closet and grabbed one of his shirts to sleep in. Then I went to bed not sure if I was happy or sad.

Next part: "14 again"