16

"Gone but never forgotten"
Later when I finally arrived home Caroline was already home. She basically got a drunk dude delivered to her door that night. When she asked me what was wrong I told her the truth. I told her that even though I loved her I had loved Veronica too. I told her that I was going to propose to her back then, that since the accident I had been hiding my true feelings. Then I told her that it was to late. That a year and two months ago I had lost her. I didn't know it then but I knew it now. I said I regretted losing her and that I would do anything to get her back. Caroline looked at me with sad eyes but not because I had basically told her that I loved someone else more, it more looked like she felt bad for me. She helped me into bed and tucked me in. She sat next to me until I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning alone. Caroline wasn't in bed with me. I also didn't hear her making coffee or anything. I walked into the kitchen where I found a note on the little table in the middle.
"Hey, I didn't want to wake you but I had to leave for work. I made coffee but you maybe have to heat it up. Breakfast is in the fridge and I put clean towels for you in the bathroom. Now to the more serious stuff, I think you should go back to Riverdale. I'm sure Veronica's wants to talk to you and the doctors too. I want you to go back, if not for your sake do it for mine. Love you"
She really was amazing, she didn't care that I had practically dumped her last night. After all she still loved me. And now I guess that I'm going back to Riverdale.
I left later that night after Caroline had gotten home from work. I said bye to her and then left. I brought all of my things back to Riverdale. Just a few days ago I couldn't imagine my life without Caroline, but now I didn't feel like that anymore. All I wanted now was to go back to Riverdale. Caroline maybe wasn't the love of my life, maybe I would meet her later. But all I knew right now was that the whole New-York trip had been good for me. It had been like a new start for me, but now I had to go back. Back home, back to Riverdale.
When I got there the first thing I did was go to the Pembroke. When I walked inside I first saw Hiram.
"Hey, where's Ms.Lodge?"
"She's in Veronica's room packing some stuff, clothes and stuff you know"
"Yeah no of course. I'm so sorry for all of this. I wished there was something I could do"
"Archie, it's not your fault. This wasn't supposed to happen"
"Well how is she?"
"She's fine, but she's really confused about all of this"
"Yeah of course I would be too. Is there's something I can do?"
"Maybe help Hermione pack"
"Sure"
I went inside Veronica's room where Hermione was packing. I saw that she had been crying, which was understandable. I walked over and helped her pack the few things she had left.
"Thank you Archie, you've really been a rock through all of this"
"You're welcome. And if there's anything I can do please tell me"
"Of course"
"Well I should leave"
I started walking out of there when Hermione called out my name.
"There is actually one thing you can do. You can come visit her. She maybe won't remember you but still. She's just really confused about all of this"
"Of course I'll come visit her. Tomorrow maybe?"
"Tomorrow will be great"
I walked out of their apartment back to my old house where my dad was still living. Veronica was gone, even though she was not really gone. But the Veronica she used to be would never be forgotten.