11

"To early"
"It's not that I don't want to, Ronnie, it's just to early"
"You serious?"
"Yes Veronica I am. I love you but I don't know if I'm ready. We're 17, we have plenty of time to get married"
"Well I wanted to get married now"
I stood up from the bed and walked out of his room to his kitchen. He followed me as I was making myself a cup of tea. He put his arms around my waist.
"I'm so sorry Ronnie, I still love you"
"Just not enough to marry me"
"Stop it Veronica"
"But it's true"
"No it's not I just don't want to get married at this age. I want to be older, I want to have a house and kids before marrying you"
"Maybe I should go home"
"But you told your parents you were staying the night"
"Yes but I don't feel like doing that anymore"
I started walking to the door.
"Hey, Veronica I know that what I said maybe hurt you but I didn't mean that I don't want to marry you. I just mean not now, okay?"
"Okay"
"So please, I am begging you, stay the night"
"No"
I walked out of there and got in my car. It was dark outside and I could barely see anything. I came to a stop sign but I didn't care. I couldn't see any cars so I just drove. It hit me from the side. It was like everything was going in slowmotion. At first I didn't get what was happening but then I understood. How could I not have seen the truck coming from left. Was this is? Was my last memory going to be me fighting with Archie? Then it all went black.
I was cleaning the dishes when my phone started buzzing. It was Hermione Lodge who was calling me. Why was my girlfriends mom calling me? I picked up my phone and answered.
"Hello Ms.Lodge"
"Is Veronica with you?"
"What no she went home hours ago"
"Seriously? Cause if she's there but don't want us to find out it's okay"
"No she's not her, she hasn't come home yet?"
"No and she isnt' answering her phone. Can you try to call her?"
"Of course I can but I promise you that she's fine"
Even though I wanted to believe that myself I couldn't. There was this weird feeling in my stomach telling me otherwise. I tried calling her once, twice, thrice but she didn't pick up. I kept calling her but it went straight to voicemail. I talked in at least a hundered messages before her phone was full. Then I just sat there in silence waiting for her to call me back. I got scared when my phone finally buzzed but it wasn't Veronica. It was Ms.Lodge telling me to hurry to the Pembroke, something terrible had happened.