17

A/N: Sorry if this story is really messy and all over the place

"Remember me?"
That night I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about Veronica and what the doctor had told me. She was alive. After more than a year she had finally woken up. But she didn't remember much. She recognized her parents and the rest of her family. But she had no idea who her friends were. She didn't recognize me. They had carefully showed her pictures of me and her friends but she had no idea who we were. It felt like I had lost her. But at the same time the doctors have said that the type of memory loss that she has can be 'cured'. They can't be sure but if they keep showing her pictures and videos of everything her memory might come back. That's also one of the reasons why they wanted me to come back to Riverdale. They wanted me to visit her and talk to her about our memories. I wanted her to remember me, I wanted my Veronica back. I sat up and grabbed the ring from my nightstand. I played with it between my fingers, as soon as Veronica was herself again I would propose. I would take her back to Pop's where we first met and order her her favorite meal. Then I would just propose. I knew she would say yes but first she had to remember me. I looked at the clock and it had was 3am. I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep so I decided to start the day. I took a shower and then went downstairs to watch some tv. When the clock turned 6am I went up and got some breakfast. Veronica's visiting hours didn't start until 9am so I had plenty of time until then. Right now I was just watching tv and drinking my morning coffee. I would need a lot of coffee today since I hadn't slept all night. And I also wasn't planning to sleep anytime soon. I had talked to Betty and Jughead and they were coming back to Riverdale in a few days.
When the clock finally turned 9am I drove to the hospital. I walked into the lobby and I didn't even ask for Veronica before a nurse had showed me to her room. They all recognized me from when I used to visit her everyday. I walked inside her room and deja vu hit me right away. It was like when I used to visit her before. The only different was that now she was awake. But she still looked so small and pale. She looked up at me and I awkwardly waved at her. I had no idea what to do they had just asked me to tell her who I was and all of that. She knew that she had memory loss so I just had to remind her of who I was. She looked at me and actually smiled.
"Hey, Archiekins"