14

A/N: Please don't hate me for this part...

"Leaving home"
It was the middle of January and I was the only one of our friend group that was still in Riverdale. Betty and Jughead had moved away during summer. They were attending NYU together. But I was still here. Veronica was still here and I wasn't about to leave her. We had decided that after she had turned 18 in July we would take all of the money from her savings and move away. Where, we didn't know but we both wanted to leave Riverdale. That had never happened and now I had no idea what to do. We were supposed to build a future together and it could've happened if it wasn't for that stupid truck driver.
I didn't want to leave Veronica at all. Since that day in June I had visited her everyday. But now I had gotten a music contract and all I had to do was sign it then I would fly to New-York. I would stay there and record an album, it would take a few months and then I could go back. I didn't want to go but everyone kept telling me that that's what Veronica would want me to do. I knew that the only way for me to get an answer was to go and see Veronica. I went to the hospital and sat down next to her and grabbed her hand.
"Hey beautiful, I've missed you. It's funny you know I miss you all the time even though you're right here. I miss talking to you, hugging you, kissing you. All I want is for you to wake up and I still believe that you will, but right now I have to leave. I like to believe that that's what you would want. So I'm leaving but I'll be back, back before you know it"
I left the hospital, went home and packed my bags and went to the airport. I had the contract with me and now all I had to do was give it to the guy who wanted to sign me. I hated leaving Veronica but it was what was right. Even though she could still wake up I needed to move on for a little while. I would be back in a few months but until I was done with this album I would stay in New-York, except if Veronica would wake up.
I arrived to New-York late at night so I went straight to the hotel and crashed on the bed. The next morning I woke up still in my normal clothes I had been wearing the day before. I looked at the clock and I was already late to my first day at the studio. I practically ran to the studio. When I got there a girl that sat in the lobby stood up and greeted. She said her name was Caroline and she was going to help me these next few weeks so that I wouldn't screw up basically. She seemed really nice, she had luckily bought me some breakfast since I hadn't eaten anything all morning.
For the next few weeks I was just working on my album. One night me and Caroline were at the studio.
"God I'm so tired Caroline, can we please stop?"
"Nope, we have to finish"
"But it's not our fault that all of the recordings got deleted. Can't we just finish this tomorrow?"
"No cause tomorrow we have a million other things we have to do"
"Fine but then I'm ordering pizza, I'm starving"
I ordered pizza and about half an hour later it arrived. We just sat there and ate pizza. I don't know why but when it's late at night and you're super tired and talking you just start talking about everything and nothing. I told Caroline everything about Veronica and some other stuff and she told me that 2 years ago when she was 15 she got pregnant but unfortunately had a miscarriage. When we finally finished the clock was 5am. I was about to walk out when Caroline grabbed my arm.
"Hey you I'm so sorry for making you work this late since you have to be back here in 5 hours"
"No don't worry I'll be fine. It's not your fault"
She leaned in to hug me but I turned her face to mine. We just stood there for awhile looking into the others eyes. I don't know what got into me but I leaned forward and kissed her. At first she pulled away.
"Archie... what about Veronica"
"It's fine, I promise"
That was all I had to say to make her kiss me back.