18

A/N: I wrote the last part of this story yesterday so without telling you how many parts are left I'm just giving a heads up that it's almost over

"Memories"
Had she really just said my nickname. That can't be something the nurses or her parents had told her about. Only me and her knew that she used to call me 'Archiekins'. I didn't want to ask her if she recognized me, I was scared of her answer. But at the same time, she knew our nickname.
"Hey Veronica. Do you like..."
"....know who you are? Yes Archie I remember you. How could I ever forget you"
"You serious?"
"I'm serious. I don't remember it all but I know who you are"
"But the doctors said..."
"I know that's what the doctor said but after looking at photos of you and me all night I'm starting to remember"
"Oh god Ronnie, I don't know what to say"
"Please talk about some of our memories. I know that you used to be my boyfriend but that's all. I remember maybe a few months before the accident but the rest of our relationship is a blur. So remind me of them"
"Sure should I start from the beginning or?"
"Yes please"
"Well it all began this day many years ago when I was 8 and this cute little girl walked in to my class. She had moved to Riverdale from New-York. She sat down next to me and we got to talking. We became best friends and after that we were inseparable. Until one day when we were 14. I made a huge mistake. Me and her were on a picnic and I kissed her. She ran and after that we didn't talk until 3 years later. What I didn't know was that the reason she ran was because she was in love with me too. After that I became a real jerk, I mean I had lost the person I loved the most. Then at a party that I made her go to I kissed her again. Which made things even worse. She stopped talking to me again and then..."
"...she picked you up at a party and the next day you two just sat inside and watched tv all day and it felt like you two were 14 again. Then somehow you two got together because he showed up at her house and made her realize how much she loved him. And after that all was good until she asked him to marry her and he said no and she left. But she made a stupid mistake and didn't stop at the stop sign and now she's in the hospital after being in a coma for more than a year. And she also doesn't remember much"
"Yeah that's basically it"
We sat there in silence for a few minutes, neither one of us sure what to say. It all was just messed up.
"So what have you done this last year?"
"I moved to New-York and I have made an album. It's coming out this summer and I'm really proud of it"
"That's it?"
"Well I also met this girl"
"It's fine, I wanted you to move on with your life. You couldn't really date someone in a coma"
"Veronica, that's not funny"
"I'm sorry I just don't know what to say. I mean are you still dating her?"
"No we broke up before I got back"
"Why? You knew that I maybe wouldn't remember you"
"Yeah well she also knew that I love you and that I need you in my life even if you wouldn't remember"
"You love me still?"
"Of course I do, I never stopped. God Ronnie, I love you so much that it drives me crazy. I love you so much that all I want to do right now is kiss you but I won't because I don't want to scare you away"
"I'm so sorry for not remembering our relationship but you can't be mad at me about it"
"I'm not!" I said pretty much yelling. I saw that I scared her so I calmed down and took her hand.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you I just don't know what to do about all of this"
"Archie..."
"No don't say anything I'm not finished yet"
"Archie!"
"What?!"
"I'm starting to remember"