Prologue: Present Day

Y/N's Pov.

I was laying in my bed, my H/C hair in a mess as I listened to music on my iPhone, not giving a care in the world. It was summer break, so I had intended to relax. Today was the last day before school started tomorrow, which annoyed me, yet at the same time excited me. I sat up, grabbing my journal and opened to the page of my summer plans. Yes, at my age, keeping a journal might seem weird, but for some reason, I still kept it. I had gotten it when I was 10 years old in the mail from someone, but I didn't know who. There was no address, nor name on the package either. On the cover on it was a symbol of the hylian crest, and, being the Legend of Zelda fan that I was, decided to keep it. I looked over the page, thinking of what I should do one my last day of summer break. Nearly everything on the list was checked off, minus a few things that I couldn't get done. When I couldn't find anything to do on my final day, I sighed, closing the book. I looked down at the cover, gently rubbing my hand over it.
"Where in the world did you come from?" I said out loud to nobody in particular. I could've sworn that I saw the crest light up slightly, but shook my head
"Huh? What's this?" I flipped the page open. It had a bunch of writing on it, like a journal entry, but it wasn't mine. Curious, I sat up on my bed, reading the letter that was just appeared on the page.

Dear Y/N,

I hope you get this message at some point in your next life. I bet you might be wondering who's writing to you at the moment. It's me, Link, the Hero of Legend. Or at least, I used to be. I was the one who sent you this journal, into the future from my time period so that you could see it and remember. By the time you read this, you probably don't remember me, and we probably won't be able to see each other again. You may not believe me, but I've known you all my life. I hope that the future-you is just as kind and beautiful as the you that I met and fell in love with. I don't know much about your past before I met you, but I can tell you what it was like meeting you, becoming your friend, falling in love with you, and then losing you.

I felt my face turn red slightly after reading this. It couldn't be real... Could it? I stayed frozen like that for a moment. I snapped out of my thoughts about a minute later and looked back at the journal.
"Even if it isn't true, it still wouldn't hurt to read a few pages of it." I said, turning to the page, to where the story began...