Chapter 16: Final Battle and Goodbye...

Ganondorf had assembled all three pieces of the Triforce. With its unlimited might, he summoned ever-greater hordes of monsters. Thinking that he had won, Ganondorf had vanished. Once Zelda had regained consciousness and heard of the demon king's disappearance, she saw a thin ray of hope. If the remaining Hyrulean army could defeat Zant and Ghirahim, there might still be a chance to stop Ganondorf once and for all. We took the fight to enemy's stronghold in Gerudo Desert, hoping to end the war before the day was through.

During the fight, Lana had come to join us, opening the portals to let our allies come help us in the fight as well. Along with their help, we were able to triumph in the battle at Gerudo Desert. By then, Impa's forces managed to pinpoint Ganondorf's location. He had conquered Hyrule Castle and transformed it in his own image. From his fortress, he prepared for an unspeakable ritual. Y/N, Zelda, our allies from the across the ages, and I marched toward Ganon's Tower, ready for the final, decisive battle. If we fall, then all of Hyrule would fall with us, but I wasn't going to let that happen. Not after what he did to Y/N...

Ganondorf had fallen, now collapsed on the ground from the battle. I hold out my sword, pointing it at the demon king.
"It's over Ganon. You've lost."
"Oh, but the fight's only just begun." Ganon states before chuckles maniacally. The Triforce had materialized from his chest. Dark smoke clouded around Ganondorf as he was transformed into a large, dark beast. He roared loudly, yet I held my ground, ready for the final battle. Ganon had unleashed countless attacks upon us, ranging from fireballs to charging assaults. Zelda had summoned the Light Arrows and handed them to me, everyone donating a bit of their power to make the Light Arrows as strong as they could be. I launched several at Ganon, dealing critical damage, yet Ganon wouldn't back down just yet. After shooting a few arrows, Ganon finally weakened and collapsed, giving me a chance to finish him off. I quickly run over to him and jump into the air, holding the Master Sword over my head.
"This is for destroying Hyrule, and for hurting Y/N!" I state before plunging the sword into his back, finishing him off. He collapses on the ground, defeated. The three pieces of the Triforce materialized from him, going back to Zelda, Lana, and me. We combined them to create the full Triforce and used it to send a huge light beam at Ganon. However, what none of us saw coming was a final attack. At least, none of us except Y/N...
"Link, look out!" Y/N immediately pushes me out of the way as the dark attack hits her hard and knocks her back.
"Y/N!!!" I cry out as the light engulf's Ganon's body and he disappears. I stand up and run over to Y/N's collapsed body, tears threatening to leave my eyes as I collapse on my knees next to her, removing her mask. Her face looked so peaceful. Too peaceful...
"No... No, no, this can't be happening... Y/N!" I call to her, hoping that she would respond. No answer.
"Y/N please, you can't die on me!!" No answer.
"Y/N, I love you!!!" I scream, not caring if anyone else heard me, as tears ran down my face, falling onto Y/N's. I hear her stir and weakly open her E/C eyes, looking up at me.
"Link..." She speaks weakly and I could tell that she was in pain. She slowly raises her arm to my face and I immediately pull back, knowing what would happen.
"Y/N, you can't. You'll-" I got cut off when Y/N placed her hand on my cheek, wiping the tears from my eyes.
"Y/N..." I lean into her touch, placing my hand over her's. Her skin felt as soft as rose petals... Before long, her body began to disappear, just like she said would happen if she ever touched a Hylian... I felt both happy and sad... Happy because I got to touch her, but sad because she was disappearing...
Yet she smiled.
"Come Link... Finally, I can touch you..." Without a second thought, I pull Y/N into a hug. She returned the embrace, burying her face in my chest. Seconds before she disappears, Y/N pulls back from the hug and kisses me.

"I love you."

"Yeah... I love you, too."

Your mask is all that remained of you. I still have it and I will never let go of it. I probably won't be able to look forward to summer for a long time. My chest will hurt. My tears will be overflowing. But this warmth in my hands and these summer memories will live on in my heart.