Chapter 9: The Darkness and Hero Rise

I had hoped that in all my years nothing bad would happen. Not to me, not to Hyrule, and especially not to Y/N. But sadly, that wasn't the case.

Once summer had ended, I was back training at the castle. I was fighting against one of the other trainees, easily beating him. Compared to the others training there, I was told that I was one of the strongest. One day though, something terrible had happened. As the princess, Zelda, was watching the trainees fight, for some strange reason, one of the guards ran up to her, telling her that an army of monsters was marching to the castle. Both she and Impa headed off, gathering an army with them to go fight off the monsters. Most of the trainees had left immediately, not hoping to get involved in the battle, however, I did the exact opposite. I ran into battle. I still don't know why I would do such a thing, but it almost felt like instinct. Fighting off the monsters wasn't actually as hard as it appeared to be. It was if a felt a power running through my veins that gave me the courage to fight back. I had saved a small fairy by the name of Proxi, who then became my new companion.
After fighting off some smaller monster, a giant red dragon swooped down before turning into a human. It was Volga, the Dragon Knight. I'd only heard about him from legends, but I never thought that he'd be real. But either way, I didn't back down from the fight. I had managed to weaken him and slow him down, but that wasn't enough to stop him. He blasted me with a fire attack, knocking me to the ground. I struggled to get up as Impa jumped in front of me to defend me. He had launched a fire attack at both of us, intending to end us then and there, however, something extraordinary happened. A triangle mark appears on my hand as a barrier was created around us. Volga growled, retreating for the time being.
I sighed, feeling relieved as the rest of the monsters retreated as well. I looked down at the mark on my hand in awe. It was one of the marks of the Triforce, as does Impa.
"General Impa, the princess is gone!" One of the guards called to us.
"What?! That's impossible!" Both Impa's and my eyes widen at this. The princess was gone? How could she just be gone?! Impa sighs and looks at me.
"I must ask for your help in finding her Link. You are the hero that Hyrule needs. Can you be that hero?" She asks. I looked at her, shocked at first. Me? I was the Hero of Legend?! After processing this for a moment, I nodded, but I hoped that this mission wouldn't interfere with seeing Y/N...