Chapter 12: New Bonds and Strengths

After we had sealed the gate, we all reunited with each other in the desert, only now, we had more allies. Sheik, who turned out to be Zelda in disguise, and Impa had found Darunia, a Goron, and Ruto, the princess of the Zoras, while Lana had found Agitha, a young girl with a fascination for insects, and Midna, the cursed Twilight Princess. I was glad because now it should be easier to stop our enemies. Lana had also explained to us that she and Cia used to be one person, the same sorceress who watched over Hyrule through the ages but had gotten split from her once Cia turned dark. She tells us that it was one of the fragments from Ganondorf, the demon king, who was using Cia to regain his true form and conquer Hyrule once more. It was kind of surprising, but it made a lot of sense as to how Lana already knew so much about our enemies.

Once that was over, we all headed towards the forest, Y/N's home forest to be exact, where the Temple of the Sacred Sword was. Zelda believed that with the Master Sword, hope was not lost and we could still defeat Cia. On the way there, both Zelda and my Triforces returned somehow, much to my relief.

"It's not clear exactly how, but Cia's powers should be greatly diminished." Lana explained. "If we're going to counterattack, we've got to do it now!"
"Cia still holds the Triforce of Power." Impa states. "She won't be overtaken so easily..."
"No. We can win. As long as we have the Master Sword." Zelda says, before looking to Link. "I believe Link possesses the spirit necessary to wield it." I look to Zelda in slight shock. I was told that I was the Hero, but I still wasn't sure if I was worthy enough to accept the role entirely.
"But Princess..." Impa started, slight worry in her voice. "The Master Sword is more than just a weapon--it's a barrier. It keeps a fragment of evil locked away. Once pulled, the spirit will be freed..." Lana shakes her head at this.
"The barriers surrounding the Temple of the Sacred Sword are made with a special type of magic. Pulling the Master Sword alone won't undo the barrier. Not entirely, anyway."
"How can we be sure that Link is truly ready for this task?" Impa questions.
"Because I believe in him?" Zelda smiles.
"I believe in him, too!" Lana jumped in. I looked at both of them and smiled a bit, before looking at Y/N.
"What do you think?" I ask her, and everyone else's heads turn to her as well, wanting to hear her opinion on this.
"Well..." Y/N started, thinking of how to say her opinion. "I've known Link all my life since he was just a child. I've seen him grow and learn throughout his years. He has a kind heart and a courageous soul. I think- no, I know he's ready to take on this task." I don't know how, but somehow I was able to tell that Y/N was smiling behind her mask, her words making me blush slightly and I nod.
"Well, Link, if you were looking for a chance to prove yourself, this would be it." Impa agrees.
"Then we make haste for the Temple of the Sacred Sword." Zelda finishes before we all continue towards the temple. I walked along next to Y/N and look at her, smiling.
'I am only who I am now because I met you.'