Chapter 15: At the Mercy of the Demon King

My friends and I had defeated Cia and her legions, returning peace to Hyrule. When I returned back, I was greeted by the other guards who worked and trained at the castle, as they all cheered for me. I was glad that everything was back to normal but still sad that Y/N wasn't with me to celebrate this victory. However, sadly, this wasn't the end of the war...

What we had forgotten about was when I drew the Master Sword from its pedestal, I had inadvertently broken the seal on the last spirit fragment's prison, setting it free to unite with the others. With his spirit made whole, Ganondorf was reborn. He had returned to Gerudo Desert, the center of his power in Hyrule, and summoned the spirits of Zant and Ghirahim to serve him. He had built a stronghold for the upcoming battle, and with Zant and Ghirahim at his side, Ganondorf was poised to conquer Hyrule.

With terrifying speed, the reborn Ganondorf raised his army and fortified his position in Gerudo Desert. Now more powerful than ever, he moved to take the scattered pieces of the Triforce. First, he had stolen it his own Triforce, the Triforce of Power, from Lana. Once regaining it and defeating the Hyrulean army, he had gotten enough of his power back to be able to regain the other two pieces with ease. He then commanded his army to Hyrule Castle, where the last two pieces were with Zelda and me. However, he knew that I wouldn't go down easily without a fight. So, he had used my own weakness against me...

The battle raged on fiercely, neither side backing down, however, Ganondorf's side seemed to be getting the advantage. But I wouldn't back down. Knowing that Ganondorf would go for Princess Zelda first, I rushed to her aid but was stopped by Ghirahim and Zant, who wouldn't let me pass. By the time I had beaten them, Ganondorf had already defeated Zelda, leaving her unconscious and took the Triforce of Wisdom from her. Even though I was still tired from the recent battle, there was no way that I would surrender to the demon king.
"Oh? Looks like the 'hero' has arrived." Ganon looked at me and chuckled wickedly. I growled, unsheathing my sword and shield.
"You won't win, demon king!" I state, charging to attack him.
"Really? I wouldn't be so sure if I were you." He responded before snapping his fingers, Y/N appeared beside him with chains around her, struggling to free herself. My eyes widened as I came to a halt.
"It was rather simple to catch her. Her spirit friends didn't put up much of a fight." Ganon grinned maliciously.
"Let her go!" I cried out.
"I will... Only if you hand over the Triforce of Courage." He grabbed Y/N by her neck and held her up. "If you don't, the girl dies." Y/N was violently shaking her head, telling me not to do it. I was faced with a terrible dilemma... I look to the ground and drop my sword. I hold out my left hand and the Triforce of Courage appears from it.
"You can take it, but let her go..." I say. Ganon smirks and takes the Triforce from me. He throws Y/N towards me and snaps his fingers to get rid of the chains around her. I gasp and run over to her.
"Y/N! Are you alright?!"
"Why...?" She asks weakly, sitting up and looking up at me. Her mask falls off to reveal her tear-stained face. "Why did you give up the Triforce to save me...?"
"I don't know what I would've done if I lost you..." I reply, giving her a soft smile. Y/N's eyes widen as she wipes the tears from her face, yet more kept falling. I felt a pain in my chest. I couldn't comfort her... I couldn't do anything to try and make Y/N feel better... I could only watch as she cried more.
"At last... All three pieces..." Ganondorf states, summoning the full Triforce. We both look over, seeing that his power was increasing rapidly. Ganondorf laughs maniacally and summoning more and more monsters, so many that they couldn't be counted, before vanishing from sight.
"Oh no..."