Chapter 5

Chapter Warnings: Manipulation, threats of violence, reckless driving, food porn, unexpected tenderness

---------------------------------------------------

Ugh. Mornings. If you had it your way you would lay in bed and sleep until noon every day. Unfortunately, time wasn't in your favor and you had to force yourself to face the day yet again.

The sheets felt like soft, heavenly clouds, shrouding your body in warmth and comfort. Knowing what awaited you from underneath the covers didn't appeal to you at all. Grudgingly, you ripped the blankets off of you with a groan as you swung your legs lazily over the side of the bed. You hoisted yourself up and started to undress as you headed for the shower.

Upon passing the familiar mirror, you couldn't help but stop and inspect all of the new marks that littered your neck. Some were light, brown spots while others were dark and purple. The bite marks were worst of all, scabbed over with red and sore to the touch.

Your head fell into your hands as you huffed with confusion, your feelings about what happened yesterday scattered into a million different directions. Did you seriously just let a supernatural clown finger you? Worse - did you actually enjoy it?! What the hell was wrong with you?!

Telling yourself that it was just the hypnotic song might have been easier on your conscience, but you knew that wasn't the case. It just relaxed you enough to allow it to happen. If you were being honest with yourself, you had felt a strange connection to that creature from the moment you laid eyes on him. Of course, admitting this to yourself didn't make you feel any better.

Shaking off your regret and shame, you showered quickly and got ready for the day. You had promised to take over Sara's part-time job as a waitress to help your Aunt out a couple of times a week. Sara wanted to make a career out of journalism, but considering how uneventful life was around here - well, apart from the people being snatched up by a demonic clown - she didn't get much work, so she relied on a separate income.

You were running a bit late due to your refusal to leave your bed for nearly 20 extra minutes, so you hastily jumped into the car and took off down the road. A song you had always enjoyed came on the radio, so you reached over to turn up the volume so that you could sing to it while drowning out your own voice.

For once you were free from the nagging thoughts that haunted you for the past couple of days. Driving in your car, windows down, happily singing to the radio with the wind in your hair was blissful, and you wished that this was what you felt like all the time without the looming stress of death constantly hanging over you and your family.

You noticed that your rearview mirror was crooked, so you carefully reached up to straighten it. As soon as the mirror shifted, a large, colorful figure distracted you, causing you to do a double-take. As soon as the creature flashed his wide, toothy smile, waving at you innocently with his gloved hands, you screamed and skidded across the road before coming to a halt on the shoulder.

You ripped the car door open and jumped out, still screaming, not in fright, but in anger from the shock of it all. "Pennywise, what the fuck!"

His giggles carried loudly out of the car window and into the street where you stood with your hand on your hip, eyes blazing with irritation as he stared back at you with a mix of childlike innocence and malicious intent. "Get. Out. Of. The. Car." you demanded impatiently.

He remained seated, his excited smile curling into a sadistic smirk, knowing how easily he could get under your skin. "My, my. Why the frown? Come here, pet. I'll make everything better again."

A brief moment of panic shot through you. Is this how he lured his victims? As creepy as his invitation was, it was also oddly enticing, and you felt something inside of you actually wanting to crawl into the back seat with him and just let him have his way with you.