Chapter 12

Chapter Warnings: Manipulation, frightening/monstrous imagery, acts of violence, choking, possessive/jealous behavior, cringeworthy attempts at rhyming, non-consensual activities, combative behavior,  antagonism, deep-rooted confliction

---------------------------------------------------

Pennywise's eyes were cold as he held you in his grasp, mercilessly cutting off your air supply. You gasped and attempted to pull his hand away, but it was useless. His strength was unparalleled to any human. Hell, if he wanted to, he could probably crush your windpipe without any effort at all.

He was fully focused on you, ready to strike, until in an instant, something snapped. His gaze focused elsewhere and he looked past you, enthralled with something else entirely.

Before you could pass out from lack of oxygen, he dropped you without remorse. You thudded to the ground harshly, gasping loudly for air, coughing as you held your throat, now sore from the rough contact.

You barely registered the terrifying noise that Pennywise released as he started walking away from you towards a small group of people who had apparently been watching the interaction between you. It was hard to tell how many people there were since it was now dark outside and your vision was blurred from the tears that had filled your eyes. Whether it was from pain or fear, you didn't know.

A faint scream held your attention as you tried to focus on what was happening. It was then that you saw who it was that Pennywise was approaching and your blood turned to ice in your veins.

"Richie?" you coughed, unable to shout at full level. You knew you'd be feeling that soreness for a few days at the very least.

Richie and his friends had weapons in their hands, all ready to attack. You immediately forced yourself into a standing position and started to run towards Pennywise who was stalking his way towards them.

Before you could even reach them, they scattered around him, each of them taking a swing when they got close, but he moved quickly out of the way.

A cold, chilling laughter echoed through the empty lot where you stood behind Roscoe's. Pennywise turned slowly towards one of the light posts, making it a point to dramatically blow a puff of air at one of them, extinguishing it just as he had done with the lights in the alley the first night you met before he brought your assailants to their gruesome death. It had set off a chain reaction to the other lights around the lot, covering you and the Losers' Club in a blanket of darkness.

"Pennywise!" you called out, unsure if he could hear you or if he even cared enough to stop to listen.

"Hey!" Richie shouted out your name, calling to you. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," you called back, your eyes adjusting to the darkness. You had almost reached them when you heard another scream cut through the air. You weren't sure who it belonged to, but you had feared the worst.

"Get him!" one of the other boys had shouted as they all gathered towards the middle of their group.

Just as you had reached them, a gunshot rang through the air, causing you to stop dead in your tracks. You could see that movement had stilled as they all stepped back from a large form in the center.

Suddenly, the lot lights flickered back on, and Pennywise stood among them, having changed back to his clown form. He was leaning back in an unnatural way before he slowly hunched forward into a pained standing position.

Your breath hitched as you saw a large blackened spot right in the center of his forehead. Dark liquid oozed out of the wound and instead of falling down his face, it appeared to float and dissipate into the air.