IX

WARNING: SELF HARM :(

You and the others were on your way to a drugstore to help this boy. You guys stop in an alleyway and have the boy sit down.

"How do you even amputate a waist?!" Eddie asks. You ignored his question to all of you guys.
"You know alleys are very dirty." Eddie says looking around.
"Richie st-st-stay here." Bill says leaving him and the boy there. You run with Bill, Eddie and Stanley into the store. Eddie quickly got into an aisle in the store and got cotton balls, bandages, etc into his hands. He was towering it into his arms. It almost looked like a little too much but you still weren't sure of it since he was beaten up and cut in the stomach.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asks all of us. You dig in your pocket and you unfortunately don't have anything. Stanley had a few crumpled up $1 bills in his hands and a few coins.
"It's all we got." Stanley sighs.
"Are you kidding me?" Eddie says frustrated.
"Wait you have an account here don't you?" Bill asks him. Eddie's facial expression changed to seriousness quickly.
"If my mom finds out I bought all of this stuff for myself... I'll spend the whole rest of the week in the hospital getting x rayed." He whispers. You roll your eyes. You knew Eddie wouldn't dare to use his account. There was no way now that you guys could legally get this stuff to help that poor kid. You turn around and almost bump right into someone.

"Sorry I-" You looked up to see who it was. You stopped realizing who that person was in front of you. It was Beverly. She was in your math class and you wanted to try to be friends with her but you were scared to go up and talk to her. You didn't know why though. She was holding a box of tampons and she quickly hid it behind her back. Then you realized that you were the only girls in the aisle so you knew she had to hide the box of tampons away from the boys.

"Y-Y-You okay?" Bill asks her.
"I'm fine. What's wrong with you?" She asks all of us slightly annoyed.
"None of your business." Stanley answers quickly.
"There a kid outside that looked like someone killed him." Eddie says trying to keep all the stuff still in his arms.
"We n-need some s-s-supplies but... We don't have much money..." Bill says sadly. Beverly looks past us and sees this oldish man behind the counter with glasses. You stayed in Derry for almost a year and you still didn't know lots of people in this small town. Beverly came close to us and whispered something.

"I'll distract him and you go and run." She says. We all nod. You weren't sure but you knew the boy needed help. You sigh knowing you had no other choice.

A minute later you see Beverly wearing his glasses from far away. You guys didn't really know when to run. He could look over and notice. That wouldn't be good.
"Well here you go." Beverly says handing him his glasses back but 'accidentally' knocking over a mini shelf that was on his counter. He put his glasses back on and went down to pick up the stuff that fell. Beverly looked over at us giving us the signal to go for it. If you guys didn't move quickly, you guys wouldn't be able to get out. You two look at Beverly for a second unsure but you guys go.

"Guys c'mon!" You whisper yell at them. Eddie accidentally bumps into one of the big shelves but you guys keep on running. You snickered trying to be quiet making Eddie glare at you. You ignored that and headed back to Richie and the injured boy. You can see Eddie bandaging him and the other losers talking to him. You were standing next to Bill slightly away from them. You wanted to be next to Bill more of course.
"Just suck the wound." Richie says.
"I need to focus right now." Eddie says annoyed. You shake your head ignoring Richie and Eddie again and you walk a little away with Bill and you two see Beverly walking towards both of you. Bill quickly went to his pocket and pulled out a crumpled up dollar.

"Um... Th-Thanks." Bill shyly says. Beverly winks at him and nods.
"Even Steven." She says. You look at Bill and your smile faded away slowly. Does he like Beverly?... You sigh quietly trying not to cry. Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard the losers.