Chapter 10

Sasha (POV)

I had a feeling we were gonna be stuck in traffic.

I didn't want the car ride to be silent. I had to think of something to talk about.

"What was your first impression of me when we first met?" I asked randomly.

"Wow.." Roman sighed. "You caught me off guard with that one."

"Do you remember?" I asked.

He glanced at me and smiled. "I remember when I first laid eyes on you."

He paused for a few seconds as his eyes were back on the road.

"You were so full of light. Its so crazy how long ago that was." Roman said.

I blushed. I didn't know what to say.

Roman then carried on. "We would always hear good things about the NXT women. I remember seeing you backstage. You were so precious. I was like damn, I'm looking at the future right there."

Roman then glanced at me and gave me a smirk. "And now she's mine."

"But what if I told you I'm not that girl you met a few years ago." I said quietly.

He then grabbed my hand and gently pressed his lips against it. "You might not see yourself like that anymore, but I do. You still have that light in you. You can't see it, but I can. And I'm not gonna stop until you see it too."

I smiled and lifted myself up from my seat to kiss his cheek. "What did I do to deserve you?"

As I adjusted myself back into the passenger seat, I noticed something shiny on the floor in the van.

I used my iPhone flashlight to see what it was. It was near my heels.

I furrowed my eyebrows. It was a ring... a wedding ring.

"What happened?" Roman asked.

"Oh nothing." I lied. "I dropped something."

I know what a wedding ring looks like. I'm not that stupid.

So many thoughts swarmed my mind.

      Roman (POV)

"You know the traffic isn't gonna get any better. I don't want you to waste your time driving for so long only for it to get late." Sasha said out of nowhere.

"You're not wasting my time.." I said in a confused tone.

The way she spoke came off with a bit of attitude. And it wasn't her sarcastic tone. I noticed her stuttering as she spoke.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.." Sasha replied.. she had a weird tone in her voice.

I didn't know if she was carsick, if the air conditioner was on too high.. or if she was mad at me.

We were in the middle of traffic, I didn't know what to do.

Out of nowhere, she then placed my ring on my lap.

Fuck.

I didn't know what to say.

I let out a huge sigh. "Where did you find it?" I asked while my eyes were still on the road.

Not once did I turn to look at her. I knew I fucked up.

"Right next to my heels." She said quietly.

I decided to man up and look at her straight in the face. I placed my hand on her lap. "It doesn't mean anything."

Sasha stood there in silence.

She didn't push my hand away at all.

I examined her facial expression. She looked so torn. I knew she was hurting. 😔

I'm such a piece of shit.

As we continued to drive in silence,  I noticed a beach coming up near the next exit and decided to drive by.

I parked and both of us were in the van.. in front of the most beautiful view anyone can ever have the pleasure of seeing.

 in front of the most beautiful view anyone can ever have the pleasure of seeing

"You mean so much to me.. my past is my past. You're my present and my future. And that's all that matters." I said to her as I held her hand.

"I'm.. I'm no side chick. This is my fault. This... um this was a huge mistake. I should have known." Sasha said.

"You're stuttering again." I replied. "Look me in the eyes and repeat everything you just said."

"I.. I can't" Sasha whispered. I didn't know what she was staring at, but she was hiding her face.

She then removed my hand and looked up at me. "You sick son of a bitch." She said angrily with tears running down her cheeks.

She then continued. "I sacrificed so much for you in the short amount of weeks that we've been dating. My friends probably look at me like I'm some type of whore. I just want to go back to the hotel and sleep."

"We're separated, my wife and I..." I said quietly.

"Wowwwww." Sasha gasped. "I must be stupid." She said sarcastically.

"Is this a joke to you?" I asked angrily.

"My mother raised me to never sleep with another woman's man and I broke that promise, well almost. And here you are.. swinging me along and having me look stupid." Sasha said with more tears falling down her face.

I was speechless. My heart was shattered. And I don't blame her.