Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Raus de Azul - White Sands District

Kaelen stared around the streets he took in the vast array of people and could feel his anger ignite.  "This is the fourth planet and the thirteenth town," he growled annoyed. His cold gaze swept the crowd and he frowned at the subtle difference he saw here; some were protestors while others looked to be there to celebrate something.

Confusion marred  his face before he released a sigh and walked toward Lucas and Jacob.  Kaelen tried to ignore the glances thrown his way with an expression of disinterest. With one last dismissive look at those who would soon die he shook his head, "Did either of you consider that this is another distraction?"

Lucas lips kicked up at Kaelen's tone, "Of course we know this is a distraction.  But the real question is what are they trying to distract us from?"

Jacob twisted side to side as he looked over the people and pointed toward an old man with white hair. "I'll use him as an example," stated Jacob lowly.  He turned and gave him an indulgent smile as they walked to the center of the crowd.

"Can you tell me your name?"  After seconds ticked pass and the old man just gazed at him with worshipful eyes Jacob shrugged.  He jerked his head toward the crowd, "Can you tell us why you're here?"

The old man's arms flapped around as he danced in place excited.  "My lords I have no clue as to why all these people are here with signs protesting the rule of the high council." The old man's blue eyes shifted to Lucas as he stumbled over his words, "I-I was t-told that His Grace Lucas Sinclair would be gracing our small planet with his presence along with the second and third seats and I knew this was my last chance to ever see royality."

Kaelen's pressed his lips together as he listened to the old man. "Do you take us as fools?"

The old man's eyes flew to Lucas and he started to babble, "M-my Lord please I've done nothing wrong! I've brought my daughter, her husband and their children to see the powerful and mighty heirs."

Kaelen's eyes narrowed as he glared at the man, "Then you brought them all here to die."

"No wait," exclaimed a young purple haired woman her left hand outstretched. "My family has been loyal to be high council and the Ah'Tarians! Please my father brought us here so that we can see the Royals!  Please I beg your mercy! I was told that the new third chair would be coming; many from our village as well as  my family were excited to see the non-Ah'Tarian."  Her eyes shifted to Kaelen and a tentative smile turned her lips upward.   "We wanted to see you outside the vids."

Jacob tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Tell me woman," drawled Jacob, "how did you hear that we were coming?"

The purple haired women's face crumbled as she remembered. "Zachary told me," she cried. "And I like a dummy told my father. I should've known better!  Zach has had it out for my family since my father denied his offer the marry me." The woman tearfully looked around her at her fellow villagers, "Why didn't I think it was suspicious when him and his wife were not on the transport with us."

"I don't know," mumbled Kaelen to himself.  "This is mind boggling," he whispered as he turned and grabbed Lucas's shirt sleeve and pulled him to the side while Jacob continued to speak to the woman and her family.

"This is definitely a first," sighed Lucas as he turned to stare at the crowd.  "Up until now everyone has been against the Alliance."  He swung his arm toward the small group of people that seemed to be watching them with awe and growled, "This could have been a media disaster."

"I know," continued Kaelen as he a flash went off in his eyes.  He blinked rapidly to clear the black spots in his vision before he sent a smile toward the powder blue haired man and turned Lucas toward the camera for another picture.  "Can you imagine what would have happened if we came and killed all these people?"