Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

Silver Lights District - Ward  Home

"Last night I thought I saw a ghost," whispered Jael Quin to the table as she scooped undercooked yet burnt potatoes on her plate.

Anthony frowned at the burnt eggs prepared by Bethany before he leaned back in his seat to study Jael Quin's drawn and anxious face.  "And what did this ghost look like?" He tried to keep a blank expression as he probed her mind and saw images of Xara walking down the hall from the east wing of the house.

He arched an eyebrow in warning at Sebastian to stop him from laughing.

Jael Quin's expressive brown eyes widened and her polar lips parted as she took a deep breathe.  She released a sigh as she thought back to what she saw last night.  "I was on my way to the kitchens when i saw it," replied Jael Quin dreamlike.   "She was floating down the hallway toward the stairs humming a song I didn't recognize. She had bright red hair that floated behind her on a breeze that wasn't there and her honey kissed skin seemed pale against a cream and pink night gown.  She was so beautiful in a scary way," end Jael Quin with a hitch in her voice.

Sebastian chuckled,  "Oh that wasn't a ghost that was -."

"Obviously a figment of my wife's overactive imagination," interrupted Clarence.  He picked up a slice of burnt toast, flipped it over and shook his head.   "I know you Ah'Tarians weigh physical beauty over the abilities of your servants; but to hire someone that can't cook is beyond crazy."

"Bethany wasn't hired to cook," began Anthony with an insulted frown.  "Usually Xa-."

"Sorry I'm late!"

Kevin walked confidently into the kitchens and frowned at the pitiful breakfast.   "I'm assuming X-."

"Do you normally make breakfast," inquired Zero as he turned an eager smile toward Kevin.

Kevin brows scrunched together as he watched Zero rock in his seat.   "No," groaned Kevin his lips curled in distaste at the food.  "Usually I watch as -."

"So Kae normally cooks," smiled Zahar excitedly.   "I told you," she called to Zero before she stuck her tongue out at him.

Kevin sat down next to Anthony with a puzzled expression before he sent a question to both Anthony and Sebastian. How is it possible that his family is this thick?

I have no clue, smirked Anthony.  Everytime we try to bring Xara up one of them interrupts.  They are admit that he likes guys.

Sebastian snorted as he pushed away from the table.   I'm not eating this let's just go meet the wicked witch and get this training over with.

I'm sure Acadia will love you calling her that, smirked Anthony.  He could hear Kaelen mumbling to himself about the smell of the burnt bacon as he exited his upstairs bedroom.  Kevin fix it! If he gets upset he's lax to say anything to you.

Yeah! With your scary ass, thought Sebastian.   Shit I said that out loud!

You did, laughed Anthony through the mind link.

"Whatever," responded Kevin out loud his eyes skirting daggers at Sebastian. He placed his elbow on the table, winked at Zero before a flash of light engulfed the table.

"That was unnecessary," sighed Sebastian to Anthony when the light show was over.   He picked at a slice of bacon and shrugged,  "But at least it's edible now."

"Oh wow," gushed Zahar eagerly as she took in the table.  Her eyes widened when she saw two three tiered trays full of gourmet pastries, four different types of eggs, hand carved slices of ham, fried chicken wings, waffles with thick cream and twelve types of fresh berries.  "Kae would never have done this," she clapped with a wide smile.