Chapter Fifty Three

(Author's Note:  words that are italicize and bolded mean they are not speaking Ah'Tarian but the language of the Ancients.  And I'm sure by now you've guessed that ancient is English.  Xara dreams ate also in ancient.)

Chapter Fifty Three

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Kevin frowned at his device before he looked to his left, "She's two minutes late."

You should go get her, she's making us wait.

"I'll give her a few more minutes," responded Kevin as he picked up a light blue examination stone.  "You should either go stand in a dark corner or come sit on my shoulder," responded Kevin offhandedly.  "I hear her coming and if she sees you, she'll be scared."

I like the way her eyes round and how she shrinks into herself.

"I bet you do," chuckled Kevin.  "I on the other hand will have to deal with her fear and it makes me want to forget that she's Kaelen's and kill her."

You could just apologize after you've accidently kill her.

Kevin picked up the other light blue stone and wiped it off on a dark blue silk cloth, "I'd rather he be happy than moping around and if I were to accidently kill someone it would be Ruby."

Xara does make him happy, nodded the shadow as it slowly floated toward Kevin its size reducing until it was small enough to sit on his shoulder.  I'd love to know what she taste like though.

"I'll pass," smiled Kevin as he held the stone he was polishing to the light.  

You passed on Ebony too, whined his shadow.  Jacob wouldn't have minded.

"You know how well we don't share."  Kevin placed the stone on the metal table and looked up in time to hear the door open.  He moved around the table and waited for Xara to make it to the top stair before he appeared in front of her, "You're late."

"I-I'm s-sorry," gasped Xara.  Her hand flew to her chest to steady her rapidly beating heart.  "Kaelen stopped by my room before he left on a mission with Lucas and Jacob.  He said he'd be back a day or two before engagement party."

"Ah, Kaelen," smiled Kevin fondly as he took in Xara's slightly rumbled clothes.  "And it appears he wanted to do more than give you a kiss goodbye."

Xara's cheeks flushed red as she turned away from Kevin's knowing eyes.  "I would prefer not to speak about that," whispered Xara as she strolled past him.

"I have a few test I want to run today," clapped Kevin excitedly, "and I made that."  Kevin pointed toward what looked like a bundle of clouds that sat in the corner.

"Kayla and Ebony both have one of those," nodded Xara, a small smile tilted the corners of her lips.  "And now I have one too."

Kevin smiled as he watched Xara contain her excitement.  "There's nobody here besides, us you can smile and skip to it and touch it if you like.  You can get excited!"

Xara shook her head as her hands fluttered in front of her, "I'm sorry I -."

"Don't apologize again," sighed Kevin as he threw his hands up.  "Go walk over to it, touch it and do things that women normally do when presented with something new and shiny."  Kevin went back to his table and picked up a syringe, "While you are doing that I have a few more things I need to get ready."