Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two
Gold District - High Council Conference Room

Dedicated to finding_lexie
Your comments always make me laugh

Sebastian's eyes widened as he tried to take a shaky breath. Blood oozed from the corner of his pouty pink lips as he stared shocked at Kevin. "You killed me," coughed Sebastian.  He grabbed Kevin's forearm and tried to pull it out of his chest.  "Xara will never forgive you or him," he gasped as his wide and frightened eyes swiveled toward Kaelen.

Kevin started to slowly pull his hand out of Sebastian's chest.  He paused and looked down at Sebastian's hands on his arm and frowned thoughtfully. "Honestly," laughed Kevin as he started to remove his hand again.  "If I'd killed you how are you talking?"

"I don't know," gasped Sebastian.  Sebastian watched as Kevin's bloodied shirt sleeve came out of his chest followed by his fist.  "But I know you've -." Sebastian looked down at his chest and froze.  He touched where Kevin's hand had been moments earlier, "I just watched and felt you smash your hand through my chest."  Sebastian poked at his ruined gray shirt and alabaster skin with a frown, "I should be dead."

"I didn't kill you," frowned Kevin.  Kevin held up his bloody fist, opened his hand and showed him, and the room; a large red, yellow and green emerald cut gem (multi-colored tourmaline*).  "I was wondering why both you and Dion," he waved his bloody hand toward the floor, "have one of these embedded deep in your chest."

Sebastian opened his mouth to respond only to gasp and throw up blood.  His body shook, his pink lips turned blue, his skin quickly turned ashen and blood dripped from his now silver eyes.

"Do something," yelled Acadia as she pointed toward Sebastian.  "He's bleeding to death!"

"I can see that," drawled Kevin.  He looked down at the multi-colored stone in his bloodied hand with a frown. Kevin pointed to Dion who was currently regaining consciousness on the floor, "It would appear that his stone transfers powers from him and transfers it to him," he pointed to Sebastian with a puzzled frown.  

He held the emerald cut stone up to the light and sighed, "At least I know why Sebastian's is bigger and the cut like this."  He gave the stone a forlorn look "It looks like it also regulates the power flow within Sebastian's body so the power doesn't kill him."

"Kevin," snapped Anthony as he pointed at Sebastian, who'd fallen to his knees and was still losing blood.  "Stop examining the damn stone and do something before he hemorrhages on the floor."

Kevin gave the gem a forlorn pout before he turned back to Sebastian.  "I guess you need this more than I need both of them to experiment with."  Kevin gave the stone one more lecherous look before he kneeled and punched his fist into Sebastian's chest.

Sebastian's limp body fell into Kevin's because of the force used while Dion's high pitch scream resounded through the room.  Everyone eyes left Kevin and Sebastian as the loud sound of Dion's body hit the floor with a thump.

"Do you really expect that whining excuse of a man to stand there and let you do that," asked Tyrese amused.  His bright green eyes bored into the unconscious Dion.

"Hush now," giggled Chanel, sixth chair and Tyrese's amused wife, as she playfully slapped his arm. "He can do it while he's unconscious.  His head hit the floor really hard this time."

Monique quelled a giggle as she stared at Dion on the floor.  "You both should be a-ashamed -," she cut herself off as she erupted into a fit of giggles.  "But did you hear that scream?"

"I did," laughed Chanel excitedly.  "It was all like AHH! AHH!"  Chanel bounced in her seat as she mimicked his high pitch scream to the table.  "And then wham!"  Chanel smacked her hands together to reproduce the loud noise Dion's head made when it hit the floor.