•2~Dorian Havilliard•

Arranged marriage pt.1

Au: Throne of glass time

A/n: Imagine being in an arranged marriage with Dorian.

~~~

When you had been told you were going to be married of to Dorian, you were not happy at all. Yes, you were good friends with Dorian but you never really thought about marrying him.

Now you had no choice.

You had just arrived and had been given a room in the glass castle near where Dorians chambers were. It was a week before the wedding and your family were going to be arriving in a few days.

You were from a high class family so you had an idea that you would be married off. You had not thought that you would be a queen one day however. It also still felt like you were a child and not ready to begin a proper family with someone.

"What if it's awkward between me and Dorian?" You thought silently to yourself. It could be, since you were now thinking about your new life together rather than what you were going to do later that day.

Your new maids came into the room to help you get changed. You wore a dark blue dress that was embroidered with silver thread that sparkled.

You then met Dorian who was meant to escort you into the hall for dinner. You hadn't seen him since the engagement was announced.

"Dorian, it is good to see you." You said, hugging him awkwardly. He smirked at you.
"Good to see you too." His smile quavered slightly as he said the next part of his sentence. "I hope this doesn't make things awkward between us, y/n."

"It probably will be at first, but we are best friends and we will be fine in the end." You replied, smiling kindly at him. He nodded at your statement.

He linked arms with you and you both walked into the dining hall.

~

"So y/n, a tailor is coming tomorrow morning so you can choose your wedding dress and it can be fitted so I will have the maids wake you up early." Dorians mother, Queen Georgina, said to me while taking a sip of her wine.

"Of course, thankyou for organising that." You said, smiling sweetly. You kept zoning out and thinking about how you were going to have to live here for the rest of your life. It wasn't that you didn't like the castle, it was the fact that you had to leave your own home forever.

When dinner ended, you excused yourself and went back to your chambers. You went to sleep after worrying about tomorrow. You had to hit it off with the queen if you were going to be able to live with her.

~~~

You were woken early by the maids who dressed you in a loose, green day dress that would be easy to take on and off when you were trying on the wedding dresses.

You were taken by a maid into the queens own drawing room.
"Queen," You said, curtsying politely.
"Y/n, there is no need for such formality; you are to be married to my son! We will be family." Georgina said, smiling warmly at you.

You tried on multiple dresses before actually finding the perfect one.
"Oh my! Y/n, that is perfect for you; I love it!" Georgina gushed over the wedding dress.

It was a long white dress that was embroidered with lilac flowers on the bodice. You wore a white corset underneath and it had a long white train.

"I love it too!" You said, beaming as you looked at your beautiful figure in the mirror.

Your hair was then styled in the way that it would be on the day. It was braided into a sort of crown on the top of your but some of your hair was left out underneath. A flower crown that had a long white veil attached was then placed on top.

"Wow" You thought to yourself and you could see the Queen mouth it as well. You blushed from the complements you were getting. You took all of your wedding outfit off and got changed back into your normal clothes.

You went to go and meet up with Dorian as you had planned to have lunch together.