•3~Manon Blackbeak•

Rewrite the stars

Au: Throne of glass au

A/n: based on the song 'Rewrite the Stars' from the greatest showman.

~~~

Y/n frowned to herself as she got ready for the ball that her father was hosting for their new allies. Your kingdom had just formed an alliance with Queen Aelin and another alliance with King Dorian.

The ball was just a formal introduction before the war would be discussed.

You, however, were already friends with Aelin and her court. There was one witch in particular which you seemed to have a special relationship with. Manon Blackbeak.

Why couldn't I have fallen for a normal girl? You thought this silently to yourself because you knew your father would never approve of this relationship. You were a princess.

Lucky for you, you hadn't been married off to anyone yet but it gave you more time to fantasise about people you could never be with.

You came into the ballroom all dressed in fancy clothing and your hair was done up extravagantly. You immediately caught the eye of everyone in the room. You scanned the room for where Manon was sat, so you could avoid looking in that direction the whole night as not to cause suspicion.

As soon as you sat down between your mother and sister, young men from wealthy backgrounds came over asking to dance with you. You knew your dad would scold you later if you didn't say you would; you therefore accepted there requests reluctantly.

After dancing with multiple young lords, a familiar friend came over to ask to dance with you. Manon, of course. You accepted her offer, obviously.

"It is good to see you, Manon." You said, as the two of you danced and you tried to avoid eye contact as best you could.
"I know you are lying about how it is good to see me, but I don't understand why. We could be together you know." You sighed as she said this. Manon knew you loved her and she loved you in turn. She didn't know what was different about you and why she loved you so much, but she knew she loved you.

"People day we can't be together, y/n; but we can rewrite the stars!" She said, her eyes gleamed though her face showed no other emotions.

"No one can rewrite the stars, Manon. My father would not approve and I would be a disgrace." You said sadly, staring into her eyes.

The dance ended and you walked away from each other, both of your heads bowed in thought.

~

The ball had ended and you had retired to your room. You had just changed into your night gown when you heard a loud knock on your balcony door.

At first you were worried- what if this was an attacker? You grabbed your lamp and slowly opened the wooden door. It revealed a cloaked Manon Blackbeak who flashed a iron grin at you.

"Hi..."
"What are you doing here? If someone see's you on my balcony I will get killed."
"Then we don't have to stay here."
"What do you mean we? I can't just leave my home Manon."
"I didn't mean forever, I just meant for an hour or so. We could go on my Wyvern, which you haven't even met yet."

You weighed your options. You could either stay in this boring, old castle with no risks or go on a ride with someone you loved and risk everything.

You chose to risk everything. Manon made you feel like the risks you took weren't risks.

Manon got onto Abraxos straight away but you were a little more nervous. You had never even seen a dragon before today never mind rode on one.

You screeched a little and hugged onto Manon when Abraxos first took of. You couldn't see Manon smile and blush to herself when you did this.

After a while you got used to it, and you were flying with one of your arms in the air but the with the other you still held tightly onto Manon.

She dropped you back onto your balcony. It was the middle of the night now so hopefully no one saw you both.

"Thankyou, Manon. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would." You said, giving her a shy smile.
"I knew you would like it." She said, smirking.
"I'll see you tomorrow..." You said, winked and then walked back inside.

You didn't see Manon blush furiously when you winked at her. She never got embarrassed in front of anyone.