•7~Nox Owen•

A/n-This was so fun to write this! I couldn't remember if all the criminals stay in the castle when the competition is on, I assume not but for this imagine, Nox is staying in the castle.
This was requested btw.

Au: Throne of glass; first book time

Being a maid in the castle, you often had to deal with rude and obnoxious guests who, just because they were born into a higher class, thought they were better than you. You didn't often meet people who flattered you and made your heart flutter. That was until Nox came along.

You were cleaning one of the rooms, just getting on with your job when one of the guests came into the room. The king had a lot of criminals staying in the castle at the moment to be his new "champion". Every single one of them had guards outside their doors at all times, just incase they tried anything.
"I'll be gone in a minute, just finishing up." You said as you were just finishing up making the bed.
"Take all the time you need. Thankyou, by the way." He said politely. You were already flattered, you almost never had guests who thanked you. You looked up at him and your eyes met. He had kind eyes but you knew he was a criminal. You scolded yourself silently and quickly looked away.

"What's your name?" The man began asking you questions which surprised you. You felt nervous to answer at first, because he could have just been pretending to care to sleep with you. You nearly rolled your eyes at your own thoughts.
"Y/n, sir." You said while you continued. You were positive he was being genuine, but you were trying not to think about it too much.
"Well I'm Nox. So, are you from the city?" Nox started to ask you questions about yourself, which you answered politely. He would then tell you all about himself, which you nodded and listened to.
"Nox, I'm late. I have to finish tidying the rooms." You rushed to the door before he could even answer. You looked back at him as you were half way out the door. "I'll see you later though?" You asked.
"Of course." Nox said and you were out of the room. Nox blushed at the thought of you as he was absolutely smitten. He wished he could have talked to you forever.

It had been a few weeks now since that first encounter with Nox. You watched as he went through all the challenges to become the kings champion and cheered for him the whole way through. He got to the final four and you had congratulated him with a passionate kiss once you were hidden in his room.

The next day you turned up to his room to clean it and he looked like he was going somewhere.
"Where are you going?" You said, completely confused. Worry was prominent in his eyes.
"We need to leave, this place is not safe for us anymore." He seemed so serious.
"What are you talking about? The king said all the murders have been solved now, there is no need to worry." You laughed as you said this and carried on cleaning the room. Nox grabbed your hands so you were facing him.
"What ar~"
"Look, i know a lot more than you do about what's going on here. I can't tell you until we are away from the castle so you're going to have to trust me." He urgently wanting to leave and paranoia was getting to him now. You looked him up and down suspiciously. You concluded that he wasn't lying; you did trust him at this point.
"Ok, ok. But we need to get my money and my things from my room." Nox nodded when you said this.

You both snuck along the corridors, to get to your room where you got changed and shoved your stuff into a bag. You then stuffed some money evenly into your pockets and Nox's pockets. You looked at his watering eyes and realised that something really scary must be going on for him to act like this.
"The money is just incase we get split up or need something urgently." You said as you slung your bag over your shoulder.

Nox then lead you to Celeana's room. You were so confused at this point.
"Nox, how are we going to get out if we are in somebody's room?" You asked. He just replied by shushing you and grabbing your hand. Nox then pulled back the tapestry on the wall and revealed a passage way.

You realised what was going on now and you quickly followed him down the steps and out of the palace. Once you were completely of the castle grounds, Nox seemed to calm down. You squeezed his hand reassuringly.
"So, are you going to explain now?" You asked giggling. He smiled.
"Yes, but only after we go and buy a map." Nox began to pull you towards one of the shops.
"Let's go then."