||Chapter Eight||

||Chapter Eight||

I tried to hide my bandage as much as possible. It was flesh colored, but it's still noticeable. The blood was starting to stain it making it feel sticky. To help conceal it I used my leather jacket as the perfect aspect. There was a slight lump where it lay, but didn't catch a stare.

Daryl waited for me to finish collecting my things. He waited by the door holding his crossbow in his hands. I zipped up the largest pocket on my bag and threw it over my good shoulder. I let out a sigh before throwing my quiver of arrows along with it and grasping the handle of my bow. "C'mon," Daryl nodded starting to walk out the door.

I followed him to the cafeteria to meet everyone. The trip was silent until we heard shouting when we neared the door. Daryl glanced back at me like I could give an explanation. I rose my eyebrows at him. He knew these people better than I did so why is he asking me?

We busted through the doors to see Rick in front of a thin black woman with dreads. She sat on the table with a bandage on her leg snarling at Rick. My heart stopped. So I wasn't the only one he's harsh with.

"Where the hell you been?" he turned to us with a menacing look on his face. Daryl looked like he was in shock,"In the tombs. We were comin' to meet up with ya'll to find Glenn and Maggie."

"That's what were doing," Rick pointed to the woman in front of him. I rose my eyebrows questioning what he just said. He saw my expression and then explained while pinching the bridge of his nose,"She knows where they're at. I'm trying to get information from her, but she won't talk. She brought in some formula so that's why she's even in here."

Rick turned back to the woman and stared at her straight in the eyes,"Where are they?" She said nothing and glared back at him. He grabbed her injured leg as if it would make her talk.

"Don't you ever touch me," the woman snapped at Rick making him jump back. Daryl quickly rose his crossbow at her the second she spoke,"You better answer him or you're gonna have a bigger problem than uh hurt leg!"

My reaction to Daryl being so harsh made me jump slightly. Yes, he wants information, but he needs a better approach. "There's a town called Woodbury north of here. I saw your friends get taken by one of their goons. It's run by a guy who calls himself the Governor," she sighed knowing she had no other choice than to speak.

Daryl lowered his weapon and glanced at Rick. "The Governor?" Rick said shifting his weight to one foot and resting his hands on his hips. He had a confused look on his face as he stared at the injured woman. "We have to find 'em, Rick," Daryl spoke up.

"It's a town. You think you're group can get through it. Half of your people aren't even up for it. They have guards on watch almost every second," the woman snorted at him. "That's why we have you," Daryl scoffed. Her eyebrows narrowed together before rolling her eyes at him.

"So what'ya wanna do?" Daryl continued shrugging his shoulders. Rick pinched the bridge of his nose and paced around us. "We have to find Glenn and Maggie. Our only option is to go after them quietly. Maybe we can sneak them out of there without anyone getting hurt," he sighed staring at the ground.

"So you're gonna risk most of our lives for Glenn and Maggie?" I stuttered. I immediately knew what I said and regretted it. Those two love birds were family to this group and I don't know why I announced what I did.

Daryl turned to me with an incredulous look on his face,"We're gonna do whatever it takes to bring 'em back."

I moistened my lips with my tongue and let out a heavy sigh. My jaw clenched when I noticed everyone's eyes on me waiting for my retort to Daryl. "I get it, but, Rick, throwing the group in unknown territory. Even if we have her how do we know if she's telling the truth?" I stuttered trying to defend my position. I knew it wasn't my place to start getting in the debate. Rick was the dictator of these people, but I'm not too keen on his decisions.