||Chapter Nine||

||Chapter Nine||

I let out a small scream once the bullet grazed me. I didn't are about anything else but the fact that I've been shot and its on the same side I was bit.

"Stop him!" Rick shouted at Oscar who stood at the door. I looked up to see the man running for the exit. He suddenly stopped when I realized that Michonne had stuck him with her katana through his back. I blinked a few times trying to register the speed of what just happened.

"You okay?" I heard Daryl ask from behind me. He grasped my good shoulder and stared at the wound after stepping in front of me. I clutched my right arm over the gunshot and hissed at the pain. "Yeah, just a nip," I sighed taking my hand of the cut to see blood covering my fingers. "You should get back. You might need stitches," Daryl said biting the inside of his cheek.

"I'm fine. Plus, how am I gonna get back with that herd knocking on the door," I snapped yanking myself out of his grip. Daryl looked back at Rick who stood dumbfounded by the body. He gave a nod towards Daryl and started to reach for the corpse.

"Oscar, check for a back entrance," Rick acknowledged while grabbing the body under the arms. "You're aren't gonna..." Oscar broke off in mid-sentence knowing that was our only choice. Daryl helped Rick with the body while Michonne waited to open the door. "Alright, one...two......three!" Rick shouted before Michonne threw open the door and the body was chunked outside.

I caught a glimpse of all the walkers towering over the corpse and blood everywhere. "C'mon," Daryl commanded grabbing my un-injured arm while I clutched the other one. He dragged me to the back exit and down the wooden steps.

We jogged into the thick brush knowing that the sacrifice worked. Michonne led us back to the trail and we continued to walk. "C'mere," I heard Daryl sigh as he motioned for me to come closer. I still held my hand over my wound. He gently ripped my grasp of my arm and stared at the blood on my fingers. He let out an irritated sigh before glancing up at me in disappointment.

The others stopped to let him tend to my wound. Daryl unbuttoned his jacket and took it off. He grasped the sleeves of his button-down shirt and yanked them off like it was the simplest task. He must've done it a thousand times before since most of the shirts I see him in are sleeveless. "Take off your jacket," he commanded putting one long sleeve in his mouth.

I glared daggers at him since he knew why I kept my leather jacket on most of the time. He gave me the same look before I gave in and unzipped the brown leather down the middle. I stripped off the suffocating fabric and waited for my scars to show. Luckily, I was wearing a t-shirt.

Daryl gently grazed his fingers over the wound to pull up my sleeve slightly. I pulled back from the sting in my bicep and glared at him. "Sorry. Jus' c'mere," he sighed motioning his hand for me to come closer again. I took a step forward and he repeated the process. "You're gonna have to get this stitched up once we get back," he said while placing the end of his sleeve to my wound and wrapping it around my thin arm.

He took the other sleeve and rolled it up long ways and tied it to keep the fabric bandage from falling. "Thanks," I sighed in relief, but the pain in my arm was worse now. The pressure from the sleeves made the bleeding worse and a red dot was forming in the light brown fabric.

Daryl stared at my wound as he put back on his jacket and vest while I did the same. "C'mon," Rick nodded in the direction we were going after we finished pulling ourselves together.

I gave Daryl a grateful smile, but it seemed like it was weak. Daryl had done too much for me. He bandaged me up twice today, kept my secret, and nearly destroyed his relationship with Rick to let me stay at the prison.