||Chapter Eleven||

||Chapter Eleven||

"Immune? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Rick snarled as he marched in front of me.

We managed to get through Woodbury with only one casualty, Oscar. We brought back Stan since he was the one to know my condition the most. It was the next morning of the incident. Now, everyone knew I was immune and I just might be dead by tonight.

"What the hell do you think, Rick?" Daryl snarled grasping the strap of his crossbow tighter. I snapped my gaze in his direction and glared daggers at him. Rick turned around and stormed in his direction,"You knew. That was what she was hiding from us and you kept it in!"

"What does it matter? It's not like the fate of the human race depended on it! If it did, it would've gone down already!" Daryl snapped starting to lash out on the former police officer.

"Stop! Yes, I get it! I'm some type of freak! But we have Stan now. You can cut me open and find your cure," I shouted making them turn to me with shocked faces. Daryl took a step closer to me,"What do you mean 'cut you open'?"

I let out an irritated sigh when I heard Merle chuckle behind me. My patience level couldn't be raised anymore. I turned to Daryl's brother and pointed my revolver at him. "You got something to say?" I snarled matching the notch with the bridge of his nose. He had a small smirk on his face as he stared at me.

"Avery, put it down," Daryl commanded. I lowered the pistol, but still stared at him. He shrugged his eyebrows to annoy me, but I shook it off. "What do you mean 'cut you open'?" Daryl repeated.

I glanced at him before going back to his brother. "Once we get back, Stan's going back to his experiments and were going to find a cure. Or at least a medicine to keep you from getting infected," I mumbled before turning back to the direction our vehicles were in. I felt everyone's stare in me as I held my bow in my left hand and an arrow in the other.

-Two Hours Later-

"Daryl, you don't have to do this," Maggie's worn out voice said sympathetically. I stayed quiet as they tried to convince Daryl to stay with the group. He wanted to be with his brother. It's true, blood is thicker than water.

I leaned against the side of the green SUV while Michonne rested her arms on the rear view mirror. Stan sat inside the car not wanting affiliation with any of us. "It looks like they need him," she murmured to me. My gaze snapped up from staring at the pavement below me. I glanced at her to see her eyeing me down for an answer. I nodded my head and went back to staring at the ground.

"What about Carol?" Glenn asked. I furrowed my eyebrows at the ground. What was Carol to him? A lover? A good friend? I would've never known they were close. I guess since I've been taking up so much of his time. "She'll understand," Daryl sighed before I heard his footsteps coming closer.

"Daryl," Rick called after his right hand man. I glanced up to see Daryl at his motorcycle gathering his belongings. Why doesn't he just take it?

"Take care if lil' ass kicker and your Ol' Pops for me," Daryl sighed before shouldering his belongings that were in his bag. I immediately knew that he was talking about Judith and Hershel since it all added up. He started walking towards his brother who stood in the woods waiting for him. So he's just going to pack up and leave after all that these people have done for him?

I've had enough of people backing out on things. "Daryl," I called while pushing off the car. I walked up to his figure that was staring back at me. Once I caught up with him, I started the conversation,"These people need you. This Governor is on our ass and you're just gonna leave them? I know he's your brother and they don't want him there, but you're giving up on them?"