XV.

Back flat to the table that lay his medicine, a vein fills the venom of the doctors remedy. Your limbs are not your own.

Take a deep breath.

Let him prep you.

Nurse hand me my scalpel.

8 to 10 inch breaks of skin to line the child's chest. Open the flesh to the flap of bloody wings and now the breast bone is revealed. What does it feel like to die?

Break the teeth to reveal what failure lies inside. Cut the ties from the slug of blood and disappointment and let the gears do their work until it's finished. The clot is revealed. Why do you fight this?

Remove the tumor-like waste of existence from the cavern. Replace it with a vein better than it could ever be and prepare to bound the bone in titanium and wire. The procedure is almost finished. I envy you.

Now that the bone is sealed, take needle and begin to sew the seams of meat and flesh back together. Do this before the spell wears as to not send the body into a shock of rightful agony. If it's not good for the heart, it's not good for the pockets. It doesn't matter.

The surgery is over! You did it! But one last thing. When she wakes up, tell her you made a mistake. Look at her like the fat fucking failure you are and tell her she was misdiagnosed. Tell her that the tumor growing in her lungs means that she may not live to see her daughter's 10th birthday. And then walk out of the room, knowing you destroyed a family.

~ (Y/N) ~

"I don't understand? What is this?" He whispered in awe.

As if a glitch in the matrix, what tore into the air in front of us almost made no real fathomable sense.

It was as if a pair of scissors had been taken to the hems of space and time itself; shaped almost as a saucer but wider and tilted on its side.

"It's a...ripple?"

"I think? Maybe a pocket?"

"How long has it been there?" He questioned.

"Um, I don't know I think maybe an hour or so after what happened."

"In the kitchen?"

"Er, no since um.. the incident with your-"

"Say no more." He stopped me. "Wait. Why am I being shown this now instead of earlier when it happened?"

"Well you were asleep and after what happened, I felt it'd be better to let you be." I shrugged.

"(Y/N), this is obviously more important than just "letting me be". We don't know what this is! What if you had gotten hurt?!" He chastised.

"I-" I paused a moment. Partially taken off guard by his blatantly apparent concern for my wellbeing. I fought a blushing urge to smile before speaking again. "I'm not gonna get hurt don't worry. And I didn't say anything at first because- I'm almost sure I made this happen."

"You?"

"Yeah. I mean, well... Here, lemme get closer."