XXXV.

"Ah....hell.." I groaned.

~ Loki ~

    The irate passions of Glöð and the fire that beset Hel, the room felt to be an Inferno when I awoke from my slumber. I was covered in sweat, drenched in it. The divan I had nested in a mess of wet silk and tasseled sheets. My night shirt clung to my skin as I reached for the lamp on our nightstand.

Tiredly, I felt for our bed as my eyes adjusted.

The fever must be getting worse. I thought.

"Come on." I yawned. "Let's get you out of those-"

Empty.

The bed

was empty.

"(Y/N)?" My voice shuttered.

Eyes wide open, I searched the room for any sign of her presence, but only found a mess of bed sheets and an open bathroom door.

I made my way to the bathroom with a feathered tread. Apprehensive, maybe even freighted as I peaked my head through the door of the steam ridden latrine.

"Lavender." I whispered.

She had taken a shower.

I nearly tripped as I dashed for the hallways.

Candles alight to the walls that followed our bedroom door, I met the stairs with urgency and haste. I could barely contain the feeling that curdled at the pit of my stomach. Fear? Excitement? Joy? Trepidity? My guess was just as good as what may or may not be awaiting me once I found my newly awakened love.

The floor was cold against my feet, though hot where her steps once settled. I could feel my breath quicken, my heart skip as the light that spilled from the kitchen onto the living room floor shadowed a pair of shuffling feet; Oh too familiar to my hearkening ears.

My heart fluttered as I finally entered the kitchen.

There she was. A cup of tea in her hand as she gleamed with beauty. Her hair spilled down the shoulders of her nightdress, a pleasant ombré of its natural hue and a brilliant white. She looked like nothing I had ever seen before. A beauty almost incomprehensible to the eye, an aura that radiated a feeling like confidence, like enrichment, like power.

She turned to me and smiled sweetly. "Chapple Mint." She held up the cup.

"Want some?"

- - -

~ Thor ~

"So..." I began. "Myra?"

Legs crossed as he hovered the floor across from me, he knitted his eyebrows absently. "Yeah? What about her?"

"What happened with that?"

He huffed. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Oh come on, Strange." I pressed. "We won't be arriving at the Helixian border for the next fourteen nights. Might as well get it off your chest while we still have the time?"

"I said I don't wanna talk about it, okay?" He grumbled.

"Fine. Fine." I shrugged, leaning back in the captain seat of the cruiser.

I paused a few seconds before speaking again. "I just thought it'd be a great way to ease your mind before this mission, isall'.... You know, seeing as you've been swooning over that picture you stole of her since before we began our trip?"