XXX. (Happy 30th!)

I'm.... in a dream.

~ Loki ~

One that feels warm, inviting; like a fond memory. One with an aroma so sweet. A smell that envelops my nostrils with a ginger familiar to an urge to sing. I feel like celebrating. I feel like dying.

What am I guilty of?

I can't think. Nothing makes sense. It's too dark. Who am I?

I'm Loki.

Loki.

L o k i.

(Y/N).

Where are you?

Where is this?

I can't see.

I am...afraid.

Wake up.

Wake up.

"Wake up, damn it!"

"Smack!"

"Ah! God damn you!" I winced at the swift assault at my cheek.

Standing at a kneel above me was Steve. The bastard. Hair disheveled and shirt ripped at it's sleeve, a slight line of blood staining his collar. He looked irritated, lost. But that look was accustomed to his name at this point.

With sluggish ambition I opened my eyes and lifted myself from the ground. I felt hung over, possibly even a bit nauseous. Whatever happened in that moment between the scene in the ballroom and what ever this is now, was completely at a loss of me. And I felt slightly disinclined to know.

"Ugh." I groaned painfully. "What the hell? What happened?"

"You tell me, asshole." Steve growled. "Where are we? What is this place?"

"What could you possibly be on about? We're in Sengusial's-"

Wha-

No.

No, we're not?

Far from in fact. If anything it seemed as if we were in...space? Surrounded in darkness, ambushed by stars. This couldn't be anything but that right? No. No, that's not right. We're on a floor of some sort, a platform. And how could he still be breathing? There should be a vacuum. A chill at least?

But it's warm. Comfortable even. And the smell. Heavenly. Sweet and a feeling given off like cotton. A gentle feeling. It's familiar - God, I know this smell? It's..

It's (Y/N).

Oh god, My love. What have you done?

"Wait." I sucked in panickedly.

Jumping to my feet and pushing pass Steve in haste, I called out frantically. "(Y/N)?! (Y/N)?! Darling, can you hear me?! (Y/N)?!"

"You're wasting your breath." Steve sighed. "Called her for about an hour before I found you." He shook his head. "Nothing."