XVI.

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Come in!" I yelled.

With a small click of a handle, my bedroom door opened to Steve's greeting. I smiled as he approached me.

"Hey."  He waved as he made way to my bed.

"Hello, Mr.Rogers." I responded, sitting my homework to the side as he sat beside me.

"I don't mean to interrupt but, I wanted to talk to you about something." He spoke with concern.

"Oh? And what is that?"

"Well~" He sighed. "I know it's no secret to you that I keep close watch on the progress you make here in S.H.I.E.L.D's student program."

"Mhm?"

"And-Well-I've...I've noticed that you've slipped to a B- in your paper training course."

"Oh."

"And I'm not mad! I'm not mad." He pressed reassuringly. "It's just....(Y/N), if there's anything going on, you know you can tell me, right? I know it's hard working to be the model student you are. Especially when coming from a place like the one I found you in a year ago. And I want you to know how so very proud I am of you for making it this far. But I can't help but worry if maybe you're flaring up again and you're just not telling me. "

I looked away from him, my face suddenly flushed with embarrassment. "Oh uh, Mr.Rogers I uh-"

"Look, I know I'll never understand what exactly you have to put up with, and with you having to deal with this at such a young age makes it all that more difficult to. But I can't help but to be concerned. I know that getting out of bed in the morning is a huge task in itself. And I know that you can't exactly focus on much when you're in the thick of it. But I need to know when these things begin to get worse on you. I wanna at least be there to hel-"

"It's a boy." I interrupted.

"What?"

"This guy I met in my class."

"It's because ...you like a boy?"

I exhaled and nodded.

"Oh." He pouted.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"No no no don't~" He squinted. "What's his name?"

"Jai."

"Jai? Jai Talmer?"

"Mhhm."

"Huh." He raised an eyebrow. "A real funny looking fella, isn't he?"

I chuckled. "Stop it. He's a great guy, okay? He makes me laugh."

"Of course he makes you laugh I mean have you seen him?" He teased.

I smacked his arm playfully. "Oh come on."