XXIV.

~ Loki ~

Her skin smells of Yarrow.

Sickening, what feeling took over as her voice beckoned me. A sensation similar to urgency, to hunger even. I was a slave to the spell as she was to the temptation of the evening. My arms envelop her waist as she climbs to a loving straddle.

"My love." She addresses. "What here allures thee so?"

"What hugs between thy thighs, my heart." I answer thoughtlessly. "There is no greater joy."

She passes an amused smile. Her arms a twist as her grip slowly tightens. "Is what thee claim thy only truth?"

"To thou, I assure."

"Then my love spills upon a liar."

She bends to lean against me. Her lips laying soft upon mine before she speaks again; slowly now, to my listening ears.

"I ask again~" She cooes. "Mine Love, Mine King, Mine Beauteous Beau: What is here that allures thee so?"

I ponder this time. My mind in a thunder as the petals that plead physically uncoil to its pistil.

"It is truth in part." I proclaim. "But greater in joy is what finger begs ringlessly. You allure the promise of devotion. And tis that I fear most."

"Then answer. What about that bringeth thee fear?"

I stammer, ashamed of my answer. "I am...unworthy of it."

Her face twists with confusion, worry maybe. An expression that opposed all that I had felt in this moment of weakness. Her voice blooms softly. "Speak it then."

"Speak it?"

"Speak it." She demands. "Speak your truth and let it be not hushed by thine's doubt. Tell me, half; what it is that you speak?"

My heart skips and my courage is short. To no one I would unearth such an answer. But she is no one of many. She was what pressed dear. To my heart. To my soul. And no product of flesh could forestall that.

"I am unworthy of love. It is it I don't deserve. I serve no place with it. For with me, Love is robbery. For with me Love is murder. For with me Love is lies. And for with me,

Love is evil."

"Baby?" Her voice skewered through my thoughts.

Brought back from my unnoticed daze, I responded somewhat clumsily. "Hm? What?"

"I said I'm ready to advance." She reiterated.

The afternoon wind carried the few strands of loose hairs aside her face. She passed a questioning look, her head in a tilt as she spoke. "You've been off since breakfast? Something on your mind?"

"Oh." I shook my head. "No, no. I'm just... a tad tired. That's all."

"Are you sure that's it?" She laid her hand atop mine.

Goose bumps crawling up my arm as her skin met mine, my heart skipped briskly as I answered. "Yep. Yes. All is well."

She pouted. "Alright."

Letting in a slow inhale, I clapped my hands to begin. "So should we start with Light Folding?"

"Actually I wanted to try something new, something I've just recently discovered."

"Oh?"

She nodded. "Let me show you."

Laying her palms flat on the open patch of grass between us, she inhaled deeply and prepared herself to present.