Chapter 8-Grade Twelve Graduation

"I'm graduating...I'm graduating."I sang hopping around in my room.My hair was done,curled to perfection...like usual.I had on eyeliner and mascara with a bit of lip gloss which was a lot for me.I had on my dress and was putting on my heels grabbing my Q cards for the speech.I went downstairs with everyone and we all went in seperate cars.I rode in the backseat with Ava and Luke in the front.I didn't say anything as Ava talked the world away.

Finally once we got there.I hopped out of the car quickly as they all took there time.

"Paisley?Where are you going?"Luke called.Jeeze he acts like my father.

"To get ready...dad."I teased.I saw a small smile appear on his gorgeous lips and I went inside.I slid on my black gown and red valedictorian triangle and put it on my shoulders.I placed my cap on my head and went to take my place by the fellow J's.Soon Mr.Thomson-er AJ came on.

"Welcome families and staff to the 2016 Graduation."He said.Everyone clapped and howled.

"Now I must say.Standing here infront of all of you today...I am proud.No expulsions or suspensions from these group of kids...ever.This grade actually has the highest exam and culminating scores."He said proudly.Yea...all done by me.I smirked to myself quietly.

"You all are going to move onto something great.Weather it is University,college,major league sports...or even the army.You all should be proud of yourselves.You accomplished so much and I am grateful to be your principle."Everyone clapped as he stepped down.

"We will start with our opening video."Said the secretary of our school.

The lights dimmed in the theatre we were using.A video came on playing some sappy sad song.

"Graduating class of 2016!"It was all of us standing in a big group.I remember that day...Small clips of sports began playing.It showed the football team,lacrosse,hockey,basket ball,tennis,ping pong,cross country and then the sports I was in.First came on track.My one hundred metre race was played and people infront of me hit my arm and smiled.Then it showed softball.Then the championship soccer game.I scored all three goals that day.

"That a girl Paisley!"I heard Kobi,Zach and Jake yell.Everyone laughed at there outbursts and finally it moved on to people saying stuff about graduating.

"Class of 2016!"Me and Rachel said as we were walking through the parking lot and we stopped to hug each other tightly. I missed my best friend very much.Finally the other executives of the school came up and said stuff.Finally it was diploma and award time.

"Paisley Jane,Yearly scholar,highest culminating and exam scores,four year health education,scholarship to Yale,soccer captain,soft ball captain best student of the year,favourited student,valedictorian and highest grade point average in the history of St.Aiden Private school."Aj said.I smiled as people clapped loudly,and I got up and walked to the stage shakily and walked up the steps.

"You go Girl!"A voice called I looked up in the crowd and Logan had his straw hat swinging it around.I blushed and laughed as did AJ.

"I swear that kid was adopted."He said shaking my hand.

"Thanks."I smiled and shook everyone else's hand.

"Now to end it off our Valedictorian."I walked up to the stage yet again.

"Parents and Guardians of St.Aiden....I have grown up with mostly everyone here.I know everyone's parents...seeing them at either the grocery store,restaurants...or even working for them.Someone said family is the one that is with you the longest.So I guess that makes us family,considering we were all once sitting around a small circle table in mini chairs,colouring circles and learning to count.Now we are sitting beside each other.Adults...separating from each other.Going on to bigger things.Some may cry about not seeing the people you love for a long time.But if you love something...let it go...right?And if it is truly love it will come back.We will all come back and see each other again.Or we will see each other when we are working or watching them on TV or hearing them on the radio.No matter what we will always be back for each other...I remember one day...me and all of my best friends filled water balloons and put them in my good friend Jake's locker...and when he opened it they all fell on him."I chuckled remembering the day in grade ten,everyone laughed too.