random one shot thing

Have you guys heard about this "What Matters" writing thing. Well my school kinda encourages it and stuff so I wrote something for it. It's really stupid, cause it's about something really stupid. I wonder if you can guess what the topic of "What matters" is in this lol

I leaned forward, placing one of my arms onto the smooth white desk, and moved my other hand under my cheek. My dark brown eyes, fixated on the screen before me, shone from it's radiance of light. My fingers quietly tapped away onto a random exercise book which was sitting next to my arm, it was the only sound throughout the room, apart from my breathing.

I huffed a sigh, I tried to look through my mind to find at least one small piece of an idea I could use. Something, which could be my starting point. Something I was interested in writing about. But nothing came. Standing up, I closed the laptop shut, and walked out of the small room, ready to go watch my favourite TV show, something which I had much more interest in, with the single thought still clear in my mind, "I can do it tomorrow."

It was now the next day, school had finished an hour ago, and I was now relaxing on the red comfy sofa in the living room. My fingers went tapping away on the small screen of my phone, and a tiny smile was worn on my features, as I texted one of my friends, as if I hadn't seen them for the whole day already.. I then heard the questioning tone of the voice of my Mum, who was busy doing something in the kitchen, "Don't you have any work to do, other than using your phone the whole day?"

My head turned towards the kitchen, I stared at the back of my mum, busy working away, as my mind went back to yesterday and that assignment, which I said I was going to do today. Just when I was about to place my phone on the side, I suddenly thought, "Well it's due in two weeks. I can do it tomorrow," and then continued to text my friend.

The cycle continued for another two weeks, but I never could find the single pint of motivation in me to actually follow my words and always found another excuse to actually not complete it.

Now I was sitting at my desk once again, keeping the same position I had two weeks ago, the same blank screen sat before me, the same hand on my check, the same clueless expression on my face, but this time, I didn't have tomorrow to finish this. I had no more second chances. I searched throughout the dark reaches of mind, brain, anywhere, to find that one bright light to save me. But it wasn't there.

It got darker, each day, I put this off, and now, it was completely gone. 

yeah did you guess

well it's about motivation

I know

stupid

lol