Unreachable Remembrance

Y/N sat silently among the grass, trying his best not to freak out about the fact that there was a living skeleton who could use weird floaty bones and fling knifes at people's legs and girl who could dodge and deal with most of that. Flowey stood burrowed in the ground next to Y/N to make sure that none of this got out of hand again.

"And then you died, right before I was able to-" Character was cut off by Frisk, who was standing next to Chara, "save you. Even though we wanted to, you had to die at that time so everyone else could live." Frisk glared at Chara for a moment before returning her gaze back to Y/N.

"So in the timeline before this one I was down in the 'underground' with you, Frisk, Sans and Flowey and I supposedly sacrificed myself to save everyone from these 'squares' that were killing everyone." He shortened down what they were talking about, "I honestly don't remember anything. And I'm sorry if I'm supposed to know you Chara, but I just don't remember."

Chara was visably upset, she didn't know what to do now. The motive for getting back here was to have Y/N remember her so they could have their happily ever after finally. But now that he doesn't remember her this plan has crumbled to dust.

Flowey nodded and sighed, "We should leave him for now. If you bombard him like this you aren't going to get anywhere." He looked at Y/N, "go and get some sleep, and DON'T tell anyone about this." He used his scary face to emphasize his point.

Y/N took the opportunity and ran off to go home, so he could rest before returning to school and hopefully his normal life. This wasn't to say that he was not intrigued however, he really wanted to know what was going on. So when he got home he went to his computer and googled 'past of Humans and Monsters'

Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS

One day, war broke out between the two races.

After a long battle, the humans were victorious.

They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

Legends say those who climb the mountain never return.