Chapter 4

Ten Months Ago

"I want ... I want somewhere safe where they can't find me and take away my magic," Harry replied as he met the goblin's gaze.

Slipshard nodded as he considered the statement. "And if this worst comes to pass while you are still in Hogwarts, what are your desires for you magical education?"

"Of course I want to keep learning magic," Harry replied, shocked that there could be any other option.

Once again, Slipshard sat back and contemplated the boy before him. He turned the problem over and over until, finally, a slow grin spread across his face.

"That answer may just give us possibilities ..." he began.

Harry cocked his head at him, intrigued. For the life of him, he couldn't see what could be done if the worst turned into reality. The hearing that he'd attended that morning had made it clear: he was already on his second warning for breaking the Decree for Underage Wizardry, one more would result in extreme measures being taken – expulsion from Hogwarts, his wand snapped and his magic bound.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked his account manager.

"It's all in how we interpret the use of your Trust Vault," Slipshard grinned, his sharpened teeth showing. "Your Trust Vault is to be used primarily for your magical education needs. Any large purchases, for example property, are not allowable from your Trust Vault. However, what if a property was purchased solely to continue your magical education?"

"Even if that was possible," Harry frowned, "I wouldn't have enough money in my Trust Vault to pay for it, would I?"

"That, I believe is the beauty of you bringing your concerns to me now," Slipshard replied. "We have three days before your Trust Vault refills itself to maximum as it does on every September the first. If we use what is in your vault now to pay for most things, then we can use the money after September one to finish off the project."

"Makes sense," Harry nodded. Suddenly, his head snapped up. "Why are you helping me, Slipshard? What do you get out of it?"

The goblin sat back in his chair and stared to the point that Harry began to feel very uncomfortable.

"The Potter accounts are in the top five percent of all accounts held here at Gringotts," Slipshard finally replied. "Unfortunately, while there is no Head of House Potter, those accounts will be left dormant, meaning that neither you nor Gringotts will make any profit from them. By helping you now, I'm assuring that those accounts will become active sooner rather than in another twenty-five or thirty years when your Heir comes of age if, as you fear, your magic is bound."

Harry bowed as much as he could from where he sat. "Thank you for explaining, Account Manager Slipshard."

"Very well, let's start this campaign where we can stab our enemies in the back when they least expect it," Slipshard stated, pulling parchment and a quill to him.

-oOoOo-

Eight and a Half Months Ago

Mister Potter,

Please find enclosed parchments detailing the work that has already been completed in relation to the project that we discussed. A list of work that is scheduled to be undertaken in the coming weeks is also included. Please peruse the papers carefully and add, subtract or modify any of the work that you wish to have done and reply as soon as possible.

Regards,

Slipshard.

Potter Account Manager

With a grin, Harry flipped to the first page, his smile broadening at the heading – Potter Haven.