Chapter 26

Dear Harry,

It was so wonderful to see you on Saturday – you've no idea how relieved I, I mean, we, all were to see you and to know that you're all right. Yes, we've been sending letters backwards and forwards, not to mention this wonderful journal, but it's not the same, you know?

Everyone's been keeping an 'ear to the ground' and we're all positive that the twin's plan worked beautifully. No one realised that we had even left Hogsmeade, especially when we all turned back up at the castle with all of our shopping that Lee, Katie, Alicia and Angelina did for us.

And there was nothing in the Prophet saying that the Ministry realised anything either – not that there was anything for them to realise – we didn't use any magic and even if they'd been able to follow the Knight Bus, the twins plan of having Mum and Dad pick us up a half hour drive away from you would have completely thrown them off the scent.

I know that that ridiculous trial is coming ever closer and I was wondering what you planned to do after they clear your name, which any sane person should realise is what is going to happen. Are you going to come back to Hogwarts? I did try to ask you when we were at Potter Haven, but you never gave me an answer.

As much as I hope that you do, I'd understand if you didn't – it'll be close to the end of term and with that library that you've got there (and don't think for one minute that I've forgiven you yet for not telling me about it sooner, Mister!) it does make sense if you finish off the school year the way that you've been doing it.

If you do decide to stay away, we'll all miss you terribly, but maybe you could come visit us on Hogsmeade weekends? We could meet up in the Three Broomsticks – it's a nice little pub/restaurant place that we generally all hang out in after finishing our shopping is done.

Speaking of Hogsmeade weekends, there is one more planned between now and your trial at the end of March. It's set for the nineteenth of March. We were wondering how you'd feel about another visit? At least think about it, Harry. We, I, would love to see you again, soon, hopefully as much as you'd like to see us.

Best be off, it's Potions first thing this morning and I wouldn't want to be late for Professor Snape.

Love, Hermione.

With a soft smile, Harry closed the journal and placed it onto the desk.

Running his hand across its soft brown cover, he thought about what Hermione had written. Yes, it'd been great seeing all of his friends – a big shock, of course, but great nonetheless. And it was amazing that they hadn't been caught or led anyone to him. But then, it was pretty rare that one of Fred and George's plans didn't work. But the idea of them coming to Potter Haven again? That he just wasn't sure of.

Later, he'd promise Hermione that he'd think about it. And he would, too. But whether or not he'd actually agree with it or not, that he couldn't say. At the moment he was leaning towards no, but his heart was waging a pitched war with his head – it'd been so wonderful to see them all again.

With a soft sigh, he shook his head and shifted his eyes from the journal to the letter that was still waiting for him where Dobby had placed it last Saturday as he'd asked him to.

This was the letter that Lil had given to him, the one that she'd been given to pass on from her father. Picking up the envelope, Harry felt the rich parchment before turning it over to find a seal embossed into the silver wax sealing the envelope closed. Bringing it closer to his eyes, he examined the seal curiously. Inside the shield was a crescent moon superimposed over crossed wands emitting sparks.

Deliberately, Harry cracked the seal, opened the envelope and took out the thick piece of parchment inside.

To Scion Potter,