4

Tera wanted to take a nap when we got back to the dormitory. She told me and Raiden that we could leave if we wanted to, and after reassuring us a couple times that she'd be fine, we decided to leave.

"It's ten after four," Raiden says, checking his wristwatch. "Anything you want to do?"

"Yeah, actually," I say. "I kind of thought we could go to the training room. I need to get stronger and improve my fighting."

"Okay, I need the extra training anyway," he says with a shrug. "I could show you some fighting tips if you'd like."

"Yeah, that would be great."

The training room is completely empty when we get there. Raiden says we should stretch and get loose before doing anything, so we do.

"Okay, so we can warm up on the bags," he says, walking toward the punching bags with me following close behind. "And then we can working on fighting."

"Sounds good," I say. I start punching the bag, making the bag swing more than before.

"Dang girl," Raiden says, making me turn my head toward him. "I am so glad we don't train together. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of those punches."

I smirk but continue punching. We stay on the bags for about ten more minutes before Raiden leads me to the cement elevated block that we fought on earlier.

"In a fight you want to keep moving around," Raiden says. "Staying still makes you an easier target. You also need to pay attention to your opponent's body language. If they tighten their fist and move their shoulder back, they're about to punch."

I nod and he continues.

"Your opponent may try to blitz you, or rush in and throw punches left and right," he says, demonstrating the punches. "What you need to do in that situation is to get underneath the punches and tackle them. Understand?"

"I think so," I say with a nod.

"I'm going to charge at you and you're going to take me down," he says with a smirk, causing me to chuckle. "Okay, you ready?"

"Yeah."

He starts throwing punches left and right. I do as he said and charge at his stomach, making him fall backward and me land ungracefully on top of him.

"Great job," he says with a wink. "Do that in a fight. It may come in handy."

"What's going on here?" a voice says from behind us. It's Eric.

"Nothing," I say, getting up quickly and dusting myself off.

"Sure didn't look like nothing," Eric says, stopping to stand right in front of me. He raises a brow and I duck my head to keep him from noticing my cheeks tinging pink.

"We were, uh, just getting some extra training in," Raiden says, back on his feet.

"You're not supposed to be in the training room unsupervised," Eric says, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes at Raiden. "You should know that by now."

"It's my fault," I say, getting his attention. "I insisted we come in here because I could use the extra training."

"Don't let me see you in here unsupervised again," he says, his eyes on Raiden. "Understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good," he says with a nod. "Now, get out before I decide to punish you."

I brush past Eric with my head down but his hand shoots out to grab my arm.