ten

I picked you up at 5:20 pm just to see you in a rush. You weren't finished getting ready and you let me sit on your bed and allowed me to watch you put mascara on and finish straightening your hair.

I met your mum that day. I tried really hard to make her like me. I wanted to impress her because it was important to me. You were important to me.

You were finished ten minutes later and I lead you outside. I held the door for you and let you go first. I treated you like a lady.

Outside on the street I took your hand and pulled you towards the park.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"Not far." I said.

We walked exactly five minutes from your flat to Hampstead Heath. I lead you to a bench next to a pond. We sat down and I pulled a plastic bag with breadcrumbs out of the pocket of my jacket.

"Feeding ducks?" You asked and I could see how your eyes were sparkling.

"You said that you liked ducks."

"I do. I just didn't think you'd remember something like that." You said and I laughed. How could I ever forget a word you said?

I could have kissed you that day but I didn't. I know you wanted to kiss me and I wanted it too but I told you, I was going to treat you like a lady. And a gentlemen does not kiss on the first date.

I brought you home by eight after we had coffee at the café on the same street where you lived. You said that I could stay at your place for some time and watch a movie but I told you; I was gonna be a gentlemen.