thirteen

We first had sex the night you got your test results.

Four weeks after I first met you had passed, four weeks that made us forget that you even had a check up.

You didn't tell me until after we had slept with each other.

That day I wanted to pick you up from home and have a night out with you, Blake and George but as soon as you opened the door, you kissed me and pulled me inside.

I asked you what was going on but you only said that your mum wasn't home.

I managed to close the door behind us before you pulled me into your bedroom. You started undressing yourself and then me and man, I was hella confused. But damn, I wasn't going to complain when the most beautiful girl I know was undressing herself in front of me. I'm just a guy.

It all happened so fast which doesn't mean that I didn't love it. Actually I would have considered it one of the top ten days I've had so far, followed closely by our first kiss and the day we met.

After it, we laid in your bed and stared at the ceiling when I suddenly heard you sob. I looked to my side and found you crying.

"What is wrong? Did I hurt you?" I asked you but you shook your head, covering your face with you hands.

"I don't want this to be over." You sobbed into your hands. I didn't get what you meant.

"Aspen, what are you talking about. Nothing is going to be over. Why would you think that?" You weren't able to answer because you were crying so much. In fact, I had to hold you for thirty minutes before you could talk.

"Do you remember that when we met, my blood and brain was tested? Because I'm so forgetful and confused sometimes. I received the results today." You started sobbing again and my heart sank into my boots. If you cried so much, it meant that the result was terrible.

"Reece, I am sick. Very sick." You said and clutched to my arm. "I have Creutzfeldt-Jakob-disease. I am dying."