14

14||Dynasty: The Building
“ Become each other's tears. ”

“ Ji Dwi... ” Eun-Ji turned her head to the side and tried to look behind her as she try to wake him up.

He didn't respond.

“ Ji Dwi... ”Eun-Ji called again but he started snoring lightly. “ Let us take a walk. ”

Eun-Ji rolled her eyes. She swiftly turned causing him to fall on her lap.

“ Wo-What are you doing -” he sat up and looked at her.

“ Ga-ja. ” she smiled and got up, taking a walk. Ji Dwi shook his head to the sides and followed her.

Eun-Ji climbed the fence of the bridge.
Ji Dwi tried to stop her. “ What are you-get down here, it is dangerous. ”

“ All the more reason why it's fun. ” she smiled.

She started walking slowly with her arms spread to balance herself while Ji Dwi slowed down and remained on her side, following her. He shook his head again, not believing her recklessness. He looked ahead as she keep her eyes on the surface she's walking on.

“ Are you sure you are Master An Ji's eldest daughter? You are really different from A-ro and Sun Woo. ”

“ I didn't know you're a stalker and an admirer of my family. ”Eun-Ji teased him.

Ji Dwi looked up at her, somewhat surprised by her sudden change of attitude. She looked down at him with a smile and laughed.

“ Haven't you joked with anyone before? You're always stoic as if you're a royalty, but you're arrogant. ” she said.

Ji Dwi scoffed. He stopped walking causing Eun-Ji to stop too. “ What do you think of the King? ” he asked.

Eun-Ji took a deep breath before answering. “ I'm waiting for him to finally sit on his throne and rule. Give his mother some rest from being queen. ”

“ Are you not happy with the Queen ruling this place? ” he kept his eyes on her.

“ A bit, she's only doing all of the things she do for the King and Silla. ”

Ji Dwi scoffed at her answer.

Eun-Ji noticed him scoff. “ Mueo? She's mostly doing things for her son and Silla. ”

“ It doesn't look like it. ” Ji Dwi looked to the side.

“ No mother doesn't love her child...also, It's hard to be both a mother who worries for her child and a leader who worries for her land just as it is hard to do a necessary thing when you're heart is against it...underneath all that cold and emotionless exterior is a loving and hurting mother who is being held back from her child by her responsibilities as a leader that it hurts to the point where all she can do is hide it with a cold mask. ”

Ji Dwi looked up at her. Her words seemed to wake him up a little.

“ And about the king, I wish he wouldn't doubt himself as a leader. Anyone can be, but he is destined to be. ”